Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bin laden alive??

bin laden alive??

al jazeera released a tape in which it is alledgedly bin laden directly addressing the american people. he tries to explain why 9-11 happened.

I'm inviting you to understand the message of my attack against New York and D.C., which came as an answer to your crimes," the speaker says in Arabic. "Evil brings evil."
    i guess we soon will know if this is authentic, and if so it goes to prove that he survived the campaign and is still out there.

which means there will undoubtedly be another attack in the future.

here is the quote that really is quite frightening:

and I promise you that the Islamic youth are preparing for you what will fill your hearts with horror, and they will target the centers of your economy until you stop your tyranny and terror, until one of us dies.

i remember hearing that alqueada likes to throw out a warining and usually makes a public statement before an impending attack. do you think that is what this tape is??

could it be a signal to sleeper cells saying their master is alive??

article:http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapc...ape/index.html
    know how to sell your wares. intrinsic quality isnt enough. not everyone bites at substance or looks for inner value. people like to follow the crowd;they go someplace because they see other people do so. uniqueness appeals both to the taste and to the intellect.

Banned
    Though I don't consider the "Western culture", especially U.S., to be
    all-good, I think it's still better than that of Islam. We'll see which
    triumphs in the end(if either) and the next couple of hundred years
    will see if there's anything left on the globe. For as everyone should
    know: for every action, there's a reaction.

until one of us dies.
    Al Quaeda: AKs and rocket launchers.
    US Army: Howitzers, napalm, and cruise missiles.

better start prayin, man, you're pretty much studying up for your finals.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

I suspect the tape is genuine, but there are no indications as yet as to when it was made. Could well have been made 6 months ago, for example.

From a practical point of view you have to remember where this guy is coming from.
    His organisation interprets the Koran pretty literally (much the same way as some fundamentalist Christian groups interpret the bible literally).
    This means that he believes he is right in trying to overthrow the ruling monarchy in Saudi Arabia, which is almost certainly his long term objective. Mainly he objects to the fact the monarchy is highly corrupt (which it is), and the presence of 'infidels' (i.e. Westerners) in Saudi Arabia.
    Without US support, it is quite likely that the current Saudi regime would be overthrown internally (possibly with outside assistance). Hence his hostility to the US.

I'm not for one moment saying he is right, but his organisation (and similar minded clerics around the world) have managed to persuade a sizeable number of young people that what they are doing is right. I don't think Israel/Palestine is his main concern - it's just another way to recruit people.

To try to pretend that this has nothing to do with religion is a mistake - the vast majority of Muslims & Christians would not want to indulge in violence, but you are always going to get the fundamentalists on both sides who will stop at nothing ....

I don't know what to think about this tape. Keep in mind that I haven't read any of the studies into the tape's authenticity, but something just doesn't seem right. Bin Laden has always sent video tapes ranging from 30 minutes to an hour. I don't remember hearing about any past audio tapes. darkes is also right in that we don't know when this tape was made. There aren't any kind of time queues that might suggest when the tape was made.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Talking

The inevitable and soon to be 'war on Iraq' will probably be the next window for Islamist strikes on U.S. and other western interests[whether or not Saddam was involved in 9-11 is a moot point].Establishing a strong military and intelligence apparatus while removing Hussein's regime not too mention the spOILs of war...would seem a far more immediate goal. Its a dirty job but someone's gotta[gonna] do it

Originally posted here by SynapticFailure
    al jazeera released a tape in which it is alledgedly bin laden directly addressing the american people. he tries to explain why 9-11 happened.

check out this link:

Bin Laden still alive, reveals spy satellite

http://www.observer.co.uk/internatio...805618,00.html

i guess we soon will know if this is authentic, and if so it goes to prove that he survived the campaign and is still out there.

which means there will undoubtedly be another attack in the future.

here is the quote that really is quite frightening:

i remember hearing that alqueada likes to throw out a warining and usually makes a public statement before an impending attack. do you think that is what this tape is??

could it be a signal to sleeper cells saying their master is alive??

article:http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapc...ape/index.html
    Bin Laden still alive, reveals spy satellite

I rather suspect he's still alive, too. Whether the tape is genuine or not, I don't know. I think if spy satellites have proved him to be alive, I'm sure something is in the works to resolve the matter.

I think the best we can do is to go on with our lives and hope for the best. If the message was an alert of some kind, the whole matter is pretty much out of our hands. We can hope for the best, but brace for the worst.

bin Laden still out there?

Yes, yes, yes...he is alive. Don't ask why I say that, because I just have a feeling (like so many of you). Then again, if we just went about our business based on my feeling - we would be in trouble. You just wait and see, we're going to raid a bunker or something and as soon as we kick in the door, there he'll be, sitting with Sadaam playing a game of dominoes and drinking a couple of Coronas like nothing ever happened. j/k No, but seriously, I really do think that he is hiding somewhere - just waiting for another opportunity to deliver another serious blow to the well-being of others, whether it be the US (likely) or someone else. I hope that one of his own guys just offs him (like Hitler, /me thinks), that way, we don't have to worry about it. But then again, wouldn't someone else take his position?
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Banned
    He's alive but not for long! Sooner or later they will find him and kill him!

I think he's alive either. And I also think he will strike again. Most likely the US. Just go on with our lives. We can't do **** about it anyway. Good luck and strenght to you all.

Greetz & Respect
    Bleh.