AntiPoint confusion

Thread: AntiPoint confusion

AntiPoint confusion

I've been a member since 07-17-2002... I've just been kicking around, enjoying myself, replying to some posts. but I noticed something... The little color gradients under my name dont seem to move... I mean I've made some posts that are critical of peoples' way of life, not for malice, just expressing my opinion, and I expected to get some negs for it, yet I still seem to be dead even... also, I've assigned a few APs here or there just to test the whole thing out, and a few problems arose... first of all, I have twice recieved messages that say I have negged someone and ask if i would like to tell them why... the only problem is the APs I applied to both of them were supposed to be positive, at least according to my own caption, the first time might have been an mistake on my part, but the second time, i made sure I chose correctly. since then I have negged a few people for asking questions that had already been asked, asking how to hack, and what not. yet i have not recieved the messages I mentioned before, asking me if I would like to tell them why (and BELEIVE me I would.) I searched the forums, and all i get is countless "give me APs pleez" posts, so no help there...

another thing, just a question... What happens when you get banned? Is it permanent? can you still login and just not post? are you denied all priviliges? once again, all that is in the FAQ is about APs and a search of forums gave me a million "why was so-and-so banned" posts.

I would appreciate any answers you could give me, even if it is just a link to another identical post I overlooked. if so i will delete this post. (which by the way is the first thread I've started, 'bout time.) thx all
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Re: AntiPoint confusion

Originally posted here by x acidreign x
    I've been a member since 07-17-2002... I've just been kicking around, enjoying myself, replying to some posts. but I noticed something... The little color gradients under my name dont seem to move... I mean I've made some posts that are critical of peoples' way of life, not for malice, just expressing my opinion, and I expected to get some negs for it, yet I still seem to be dead even...
    That's normal. The bar under your name is how you are assigning points, not receiving them. The little grey dot under your name is how many negative or positive AP's you've gotten. You can see exactly what people have sent you by visiting your AntiPoint Center from the main page. It should be in that list of member functions. Currently, you have a few negative AP's.

also, I've assigned a few APs here or there just to test the whole thing out, and a few problems arose... first of all, I have twice recieved messages that say I have negged someone and ask if i would like to tell them why... the only problem is the APs I applied to both of them were supposed to be positive, at least according to my own caption, the first time might have been an mistake on my part, but the second time, i made sure I chose correctly. since then I have negged a few people for asking questions that had already been asked, asking how to hack, and what not. yet i have not recieved the messages I mentioned before, asking me if I would like to tell them why (and BELEIVE me I would.) I searched the forums, and all i get is countless "give me APs pleez" posts, so no help there...
    You'll only get a message asking about your AP assignment if someone would like to question you about your assignment. If your assignment was unfounded, you may get a request to talk about it. Remember, though, if you respond to the message, your annonymity is broken. The points that you assign right now, however, will not carry any weight just yet. I think you have to have 50 points under your belt in order for your opinion to carry any weight. When you assign AP's right now, it will just show up as a grey dot. Some people might take that as a neg instead of a pos. Try not to worry about it until your account carries some weight.

another thing, just a question... What happens when you get banned? Is it permanent? can you still login and just not post? are you denied all priviliges? once again, all that is in the FAQ is about APs and a search of forums gave me a million "why was so-and-so banned" posts.

I would appreciate any answers you could give me, even if it is just a link to another identical post I overlooked. if so i will delete this post. (which by the way is the first thread I've started, 'bout time.) thx all
    I think most of these questions can be answered in the FAQ. I don't really know what happens when you're banned, but you probably won't be able to log in again. However, I believe that you can create a new account, and start over again if you wish. Hope this answers your questions!
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

ya, my questions are pretty much answered. Thanks ros.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)