Password Files!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Password Files!

Banned

Question Password Files!

I am curious I obtained a password file from my friends computer looks like this: With his permission, so its Totally Legal!

User = administrator@some I.S.P
    Password = 69AC66997EA7C36
    Salt = 1D6F7E8798D4D636
    What kind of password protection is this? Care to recommend any programs?
    Share on Google+

Banned
    If it's "legal" as you say, why doesn't your friend just GIVE you the password. No, I won't recommend a program because I'm not for doing something I think is wrong. Sorry man, past post's have lead me to this.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    If it's "legal" as you say, why doesn't your friend just GIVE you the password. No, I won't recommend a program because I'm not for doing something I think is wrong. Sorry man, past post's have lead me to this.
    The whole purpose is to crack each others passwords I'm cracking his, hes cracking mine, I figure if I can do it so can a cracker. Didnt mean to offend any of you. I am not asking how to do it, I'm asking What kind of password protection is this? Then I can do the rest on my own!
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Probably a scrambled one or a pwd file (duh). Obviously you need some sort of password cracker or whatever, but again, I don't condone this type of activity so I won't tell you about these things. Sorry, I just don't think you guys are really doing that. Or if that is your friend at all..
    Share on Google+

Banned
    I don't condone this type of activity so I won't tell you about these things. Sorry, I just don't think you guys are really doing that. Or if that is your friend at all..
    Well I understand where your coming from. You never tried to hack your own computer system? Crack your own password files? Thats what we do. We also keep a database of exploits, for our Operating Systems etc...
    Share on Google+

You never tried to hack your own computer system? Crack your own password files?
    Your not doing that your trying to hack/crack someone elses computer. Be it a friend or a worst enemy its still illegal and why if you are trying to work out your own exploits are you asking someone else how to do it?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=221 :..... .... ... .. .

If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0. farfromrootin.host.sk
    Disclaimer: Any errors in tact, spelling, grammar or fact are transmission errors.
    Share on Google+

What I believe Common_Exploit is driving at is that the credibility of the request is yet to be determined. Unforunately in the past there have been multiple request for help in things like this and many times it turns out that the person requesting the information had malicious intent. It's not necessarily that we don't want to help you, but we don't feel that we are helping you with anything that is completely legitamate. To prove the legitamacy of your claim, it takes a whole lot of information these days, more so than most people are willing to provide.

Now, to help you without really saying any thing : Google is your friend and you may want to look for something on Encryption. Nuff said.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Share on Google+

So I take it that your friend is an administrator of an ISP?

If you are doing this for legitimate purposes, I dont see any harm in asking your friend what type of password it is?
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

Try asking the question on a hackers site, who will probably get an answer to your question I suppose.
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]
    Share on Google+

Banned

Re: Password Files!

Originally posted here by Internet Hacker
    I am curious I obtained a password file from my friends computer looks like this: With his permission, so its Totally Legal!

User = administrator@some I.S.P
    Password = 69AC66997EA7C36
    Salt = 1D6F7E8798D4D636
    What kind of password protection is this? Care to recommend any programs?
    What kind of system is it ? Windows 2k,WinNT or *nix. Once you know that then you can get a password
    cracker that works on that system.There are alot of diferent password crakers out there some are better
    than others,find out what operating system he uses and I will be more than glad to give you a helping hand.

Criminal.
    Share on Google+