Thread: Floppy Humour

Talking Floppy Humour

My boss was just talking about his Tech Support days. One of his customers had a 3 1/2 floppy drive, but a 5 1/4 floppy. She decided to cut the floppy to fit into her drive! Needless to say, she couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Good one t2k2.Pc's could become much cheaper if she considered to go into marketing and designing.(just kidding)he...he...

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Talking Floppy drives

I was a student tech in high school. I was asked to install a program for some library access on several PC's. Nothing unusual.

I put it on all of the PC's, until I got to the last one. Lo and behold, it didn't have a CD drive.

So I finished everything up, and told the librarian what I had done, and found with the last PC.

She -insisted- that it had a CD drive. So I asked her to show me. She led me over and pointed to a drive on the PC and said, "There". I about died laughing.

It took me literally 20 minutes to explain to this woman that, "No, I cannot put a CD in a 5 1/4 in. floppy drive. Well yes, I could, but it wouldn't work.". She insisted that I could do it.

I think I finally handed her the CD and told her if she put it in that I would walk her through it.

It was rather amusing to go share with the computer teacher afterward.

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

I had a user stick a 3 1/2 Floppy in a 5 1/4 drive. He somehow got the disk really stuck in the drive and it took us about an hour to get it out.

' To get this joke requires a basic knowlege of... well... BASIC.

My second year in VoTech I took a Computer Programming class. The campus INSISTED we first learn QBASIC first, even though everyone including the teacher knew how antiquated it was. I was helping a girl debug a command menu she had coded (and quite well, I might add).. the problem was, the code was flawless, very well structured, not a single typo, but no output was given when the program was run, instead of her beautifully coded menu, the screen was blank... After about an hour of scrolling up and down some 15 pages of SUBs and FUNCTIONS I was stumped, I could find absolutely nothing wrong with her code... untill I looked at the last two lines.. they read:

CLS
    END
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

here's one for ya...had a lady call me saying "i installed my scanner, but everything i scanned is black." i asked her: "did you make sure you put the picture in the right way?" she was like "well i put the picture on top of the white box...but it still isn't scanning" she was talking about the cover of the scanner. hehehe....

Here's another one: Person called tech support saying their monitor wasn't working. The tech asked if she had the power plugged in. She said yes, but when she pushed the button nothing comes on. The tech asked her if she can get behind the monitor to check the power cord. She says she cant, the lights wont turn on. He says what do you mean the lights wont come on. She says well we just lost power...hehehe

Originally posted here by Andrew
    Person called tech support saying their monitor wasn't working. The tech asked if she had the power plugged in. She said yes, but when she pushed the button nothing comes on. The tech asked her if she can get behind the monitor to check the power cord. She says she cant, the lights wont turn on. He says what do you mean the lights wont come on. She says well we just lost power...hehehe
    ya, that was actually a guy. have you ever heard the recording? I heard it on a radio show, the tech-support guy was fired because he told the guy to unplug and pack up his computer and send it back to the manufacturers and when the guy asked what to tell them, the techie said "tell them you are too stupid to own a computer." search kazaa for "comedy tech support" or something similar, wouldn't surprise me if you found it, its quite entertaining.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

a few yrs back while i was at a school, we had the rule that no student can use his own floppy in the schools computers.....to avoid the risk of virus....
    the floppy drive was even disabled from the password protected bios....
    so i asked the computer teacher to allow me to open a brand new pack of unused floppies in front of him so that i can copy my basic programs to take home, u8 know what his reply was....."Well, actually the wether nowdays is very moist and rainy, u never know when a floppy might catch a virus".....imagine that comming out of a comuter teachers mouth....i burst out laughing at his face!!!!
    buying M$ OS is like ordering a soup where u gotta pay extra for the bowl and spoon....and each time u order something new u gotta pay a huge amount for a new table!!!