Boot disk for dos

Thread: Boot disk for dos

Boot disk for dos

Hello everyone. I need a bootdisk for dos that can read an ntfs partition. there is this program called ntfs reader that reads all of ntfs partitions but i need something that will allow me to browse and execute commands from a dos prompt. The reason is i need to make a ghost image and when i try to run ghost i have to be in msdos mode. when i put in a regular bootdisk in i cant see any of my harddrives because they are partitioned with ntfs. Is there anyway to do this????

Thanx

-SOIA
    Alright take it ease

Try ntfs4dos it MIGHT (i'm 100% sure) do the job.
    Here's a link to the download page

Well if you want to just ghost an image then it doesnt matter whther you are in DOS or not because ghost can see the ntfs partition. ntfsdos is ok if you want to see ntfs directly from with in dos but if you are ghosting then ntfsdos will make no difference to what you see in ghost. What you need to do is share a ntfs drive then map to it in dos and it will appear as the letter you assign to it in ghost, if you run partition magic fom within dos you dont need ntfsdos to see it as the program just does as does ghost. if you are wanting to execute commands that are on a ntfs partition then that is different to ghosting ! so just share the drive and map to it and all should be ok , if you dont have the rights to map or share the ntfs drive then you have no right to execute commands on it either.

i have used ghost for about 3 years + now and believe me when i say that you do not need ntfsdos to use it from within dos.

hope this helps.
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

So if i create a boot disk with ghost on it then i will be able to see an ntfs partition???????? I tried doing that and what happened is i couldn't save it to an ntfs partition. Ahhh but if i reformat the second hard-drive to fat32 i should be fine right????
    Alright take it ease