Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which is best os to learn hacking

which is best os to learn hacking

i am a newbie.i have keen intrest to learn hacking.i use windows but i know that its impossible to learn hacking using windows.which is the best os to learn hacking and networking.is it linux or unix.if linus which linus is good suse or redhat or anyother one.plzzz help me.

Angry

What do you mean by learning "hacking"? What is your purpose?

drnet, sorry Bud. You're going to have to be a bit more clear about what it is that you want to do. Being as though this is an "Anti"- hacking site, hacking (and I use the term lightly) is frowned upon. Try responding to clarify what it is you're looking to do so that we know if you will be helped here. This is definitely not a good first post Doc - at least, with the way it's worded and all.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

drnet, t2k2 is right, you need to be MUCH more specific as to what exactly you want to do....but Red Hat, Mandrake are 2 very flexible all purpose operating systems with great documentation that is geared toward begining linux users.....
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

t2k2 is right. Perhaps you should rephrase your question and state your intentions for the first half of the question. If not, than I suggest you delete the post.

Take care

::Chelle::

Well for my part, i don't think that any operating system is best for learning hacking.
    Hacking is about computer knowledge. All *Nix give much more control and you'll more from them but you have to already posses some knowledge to jump into the *Nix world.

Well that's my 0.02!

RH Linux... is a very good option to start with... but be sure that "hacking" is illegal... I am also a newbie to AO, but I have learnt from the previous posts here, that AO citizens are against mallicious actions....
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

I believe that hacking is really a nothing more than wanting to learn to some kewl stuff, and generally has something to do with computers, but doesn't have to be. I believe that hacking can involve ANYTHING.

I know what its like starting out....I started out on the wrong foot, also (yes I used to be a script kiddy, I admit it), but I soon learned that there is much more to hacking than running a few scripts to do something for you. Its about doing it yourself and learning from the experience.
    For all of you that are anxious to learn, I highly recommend joining CyberArmy. This is a great environment for newbs and there many there who are willing to mentor you. If you're interested in Perl, go here after you sign up with CyberArmy....
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

which is the best os to learn hacking and networking
    Maybe some of you dont know this....but not everyone in the World knows English as a first language. Give the guy some slack. And how are you supposed to be an "anti-hacker" if you dont know what they know?

Rant done.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Banned
    CyberArmy people mentor you? Damn, and I thought that place was flame heaven....