Hey guys. I'm still around. I was wondering about somthing which has to do with ASP and those rotten access databases. I have a couple of security questions that maybe some people could help me with.

I've noticed that my brother keeps on bringing up how he gets alot of cgi scans. He told me their process and how they scan for certain files that could give access to their website. I was wondering is it possible for someone to detect a access database with the same theory behind cgi-scanners. Now i'm not saying that by using a cgi-scanner to find an access database I'm just wondering about the same theory applied could detect a database. Also do these people that use hacking tools have any tools that do this already?

I've also heard that people can use ASP to connect remotley to a database. Now all my databases are password protected and of course have the proper read and write permissions but still if they crack it I don't want them seeing the data inside. I'm not to sure if you can put the database outiside a web directory if it's for Online and still have it function. Is there away in ASP to block access to the database and preventing people from building asp pages to view databases? I'm really intrested in hearing about preventing these sort of things and any other ways an access database could be compromised.