iambigbrother.com on my 'puter

Thread: iambigbrother.com on my 'puter

iambigbrother.com on my 'puter

I figured a good firewall and antivirus was enough. Not so. Today I downloaded Spy Bot from webattack.com and ran it.

I found iambigbrother on my computer. It's a keylogger. Along with it was a Trojan. Unfortunately, I got rid of both immediately without bothering to check anything else. After I cleaned things out, THEN I thought about it.

I don't know how I picked this stuff up, where, or when. Other than three security forums, a couple of writer's forums, and several history and related sites, I don't hang out in the places you'd normally find that kind of garbage.

One piece of satisfaction is that IF somebody was monitoring my web useage, I'm sure they got bored and stopped fairly quickly.

If anybody doesn't have it, I highly recommend Spy Bot, or any similar software. I won't be without it now.

gotta be the history sites chuck. :-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thanks Chuck56,

Mabye Ill check it out.
    No computer is safe or secure. It sucks don't it, how things like trojans and other crap can get into your system, by doing a simple task as sufing the net. Its everywhere, And those programs out there like antivirus's and firewalls become obsolete and acceptable to these polutents(we call virus's), with so many new virus's and such being created each day. Security is a must in a world with so many things wrong...

just a word

--
    FATALbreed
    ---

Out of curiosity, I would like to know what antivirus and firewall let that junk through?

I have been surfing "all kinds of sites" and none of that stuff got through so I wonder...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Well, it appears the iambigbrother came from the previous owner of the hard drive. It's a refurbushed computer and the hard drive is from a home business one. Apparently somebody didn't trust their kids, or vice versa. Scorp, I HAD Norton AV and Tiny firewall on this thing. I now have Kaspersky AV and Sygate Pro, along with a trojan hunter and Spy Bot. Between them, I shouldn't get any more trojans from those history sites (Ted).