Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Banned Games

Banned
    Uhm? How does this pertain to banned/unreleased games?

Basically, you just explained bootleg. (of sorts)

I'll refrain from negging you, but learn from this for the future.....

tyger_claw,

Have you heard about "BMX XXX" or "Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball"???

I think they were banned, at least for kids... sorry if not

Bye.

Banned
    From what I can find BMXXX is not banned. The concept of the game certainly puts it on the risque list with GTA3 and SOF, but remains on the market. The only thing I can come across to ban about the game is this:

Designed for audiences over the age of 17, www.bmxxxx.com features product information, downloadable movies and collectible copies of the Company's controversial print advertisements, which were banned by the leading video game and mass-market publications due to their irreverent humor which highlighted elements from the game Source
    As for Dead Or Alive, the series has never gone under certain vision of being banned. It's nothing near as bad as a Mortal Kombat type game (with gore and decapitations) and nothing came up when searched for.

*Further search has found that the game BMXXX is banned in Australia unless changes are made (which I doubt will) Source

And while on the subject. Honduras bans a whack of "violent" games. Some listed are Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Turok, House of the Dead, Duke Nukem, Shadowman, Quake, Killer Instinct, Doom, Legacy of Kain, Street Fighter, and Perfect Dark. Source

Banned
    mupp3t & vorlin: I fount a review for postal, see here also, here's the official site for Postal 2

Information for those who don't know.

Newgrounds.com is a flash movie/game site that the general public can publish their products for others to view. I'm sure that more then half of it's content would be considered too much for most political factions.....

Also, most of the information gathered is put onto my website, just not uploaded yet.
    I should have it up by Saturday. (For those who care)

Well... i will wait. Nice site.

Question But how...?

ok but if these games are banned and never saw the light of day, how are you people able to find them and play them? Is it like a bootleg or something of that effect?

Banned
    Close, see some programmers spend lots of time and personal sacrifice to complete these games, and finding out that some life work won't make the public, they become a little angered and decided to take an unfinished copy home and make it available to the public in different forms.

There's also the possibility of moles, testers, and beta versions that leak into the public (look at WinXP)

That's how we get copies or knowledge of the games.

Also, some games showcase their product at the E3 convention in Vegas, which allows the net info about the game.

BTW, ii-monk, the site layout will be different come Saturday, that's my *older* look.

You're right Tyger_claw. These are the reasons. The site is nice. I am looking forward to seeing the new one. I updated the first page of our team's site and make it, to have two grey photos and when the cursor goes on them they come color. Not a nice describtion, but nice in seeing it. From here.

Banned
    Just to let you all know, my sites banned section is up with some content to it.

So check it out!

I've done it. It's good and especially the Thrill Kills. Nice graphics, but very violent. EA made a big mistake, has paid some programmers to make the game and in the last days of creation they said they wouldn't published it, but the game had already many fan that became very angry. As they say on their site, they black mail EA with embarco.