Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God Vs. God

In the words of the great comedian George Carlan(Excuse the spelling if it's wrong),"The greatest method of control any man has utilized against another man is instilling the belief of an invisible man in the sky who will throw you down into a pit of fire to burn for eternity if you don't follow his rules."

No offense to any religious people in AO,but that whole thing sounds rather primative to me.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

gghornet
    So I take it that you do not believe in a higher power? I didn't grow up in a religious family but I always had a feeling that there was something out there. Do you not feel that?
    Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor, and change. There is no problem, never was, never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world.

Dan Millman, The Way of The Peaceful Warrior

gghornet thats how many pictue divinity, a big punk in the sky...strange!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i believe is god..dont really have a religeon...never went to churchbut once with my grandma...like i said i believe in god but i also believe that the earth could have been made thro sience and all the the transforming and that stuff....so.... i kinda think one man fight another man over who has the best imaginary friend is kinda dumb...

Black-Mage21
    \"You impressed me, and I\'m not easily impressed... Wow a BLUE CAR!\"

er0k
    god this god. sit back and think. if god were such a powerful being, why and the hell would he create such an inferior planet, inferior beings? why? just to worship him/her? btw he/she supposdedly created the whole "gender thing" which is why i will refer to god as it from now on. IT decides that IT wants to create something? why... why.. there is no reason. all we are here for is to die. and to worship IT in most religions. there is no reason for us to be here.. i mean you can semantisize all you want about how the forces between good and evil etc.. but is that all we are? pawns in the game called life? herm... makes me wonder how the genius's of our world didnt believe in god. only the ones that needed security in there lives because they were scared of the stories. the stories being what the ppl compiled into the so called bible that tells you you have to be a slave on earth to an unknown person up in the sky that created you......... just doesnt make a damn bit of since. it is indeed. the opium of the ppl.

In the good words of Homer Simpson:
    "All hail Kanish!"
    Viper

Re: God Vs. God

This is my outlook on the subject::
    No matter what we do the only way to figure out the true meaning of god and/or gods is to die......The only way that anyone will ever know the truth about any of these things is if they died and came back to life, so whats the point in trying to figure out the answer in all of these questions when all of us know in our minds that it is impossible to tell if these "gods" are realistic or if it is just a place to put hope so that you don't have to think about putting some effort into actually doing the work......we place false hope into these "gods" and pray that as long as you are loyal to your god everything in life and/or after life will be just peachy kean and you will live in a happy place with no worries.......everyone will take this differently but just think about it for a while do some fricken studying on it if you want, but the only truth that you can give me that a god actually exists is that of the bible....whos to say that the bible is even real? maybe its just something that was faked to give hope and to lead people to believe in something thats not there. this is just my own opinion and hopefully no one takes it the wrong way but thats the way i feel....take it how you take it..............

Anyone can think their way out of believing that there is no God, but no one has said they don't feel that there is a higher power. I will save my explanation for logically understanding that there is a God for a later post. I do have one piece of evidence that there is a God though... why are there so many colorful animals out there? If we were to go with evolution all animals would be brown or green. Yes it's said that some colors are considered "warning colors" but what about the colors between that? My thought is that God is an artist.
    Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor, and change. There is no problem, never was, never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world.

Dan Millman, The Way of The Peaceful Warrior

I also believe there's just one god, but we worship him different ways, but we also take his taughts differently, because some religions beliefs are others sins.
    But in the essence, what's really important, everything is just the same

It's not God vs. God, but man vs. man. The many differences in worship that man has created are amazing. They are also apalling because some who do not truly worship God use these differences as an excuse to hate others. Anyone who hates another is not a true child or disciple of God regardless if he calls himself Jew, Christian, or Moslem.