Sendmail Package Carrying Trojan Horse!

Thread: Sendmail Package Carrying Trojan Horse!

Banned

Thumbs down Sendmail Package Carrying Trojan Horse!

I found this article while surfing the net and thought this is pretty interresting users watch out. The full story can be found here at http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,612658,00.asp

Someone has inserted a Trojan horse into a recent version of the source code for the widely deployed Sendmail package, exposing an unknown number of servers to remote compromise.The files Sendmail.8.12.6.tar.gz and Sendmail.8.12.6.z, available from the open source Sendmail Consortium, are both compromised, according to an advisory released late Tuesday by the CERT Coordination Center. Currently, CERT officials say that it appears only files downloaded via the ftp.sendmail.org server contain the malicious code.

i needed to see this. with site securities getting better ive been slacking off here and there on checksums.

Thanks
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Geez, calm down Powertoad. The, "notify posters when another similar post is up" jig is gettin kind of redundant. This site is becoming a site of scrutinization, not security issues.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Banned

Smile

I looked before I posted it I didnt see it sorry about that.