Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man & Woman

Man & Woman

I know this is a bit risky, but I have to get it off my chest. This is just my opinion people, so don't get too upset. Here goes: I seem to differ from many other guys when dealing with women. A lot of my friends and other guys that I know seem to think that a woman's place is really in the house taking care of the kids, washing the clothes, cooking the food, cleaning the house, and so on and so forth... I, on the other hand, feel obligated to do as close to half of the aforementioned as possible. I do cook, once or twice a week (we also eat out once or twice). I clean the house when it's time to do so. I wash and fold clothes - although, I will admit, it sometimes takes me awhile to put them away if there are a lot of them. I quite possibly may have changed more pampers than my wife - and some other women that I know. I make sure all homework is done. I also give the kids a bath. Now that I have most of the fellas' mouths open , I'll throw in one more thing: my pride wouldn't be the slightest bit hurt if my wife made more than twice my salary. Why is this so...I don't know - maybe it was my upbringing (single Mom and all)!!??? Frankly, I don't see the fascination with being able to have a lop-sided relationship. However, this is just the way it is with me; there are many out there that are just fine with a philosophy just the opposite of mine. I don't think that women should be considered inferior to men, but again, that's just my opinion. Any thoughts...I am interested in your responses, but let's make it a good productive, clean thread (if there is such a thing).

Peace and Blessings good people!
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I say more power to you t2k2. A lot of men tend to take it personally when their significant others are making more than them. It didn't bother me when I was married.(Hrrmmm...perhaps thats why my wife left me...j/k LOL). And anyone who thinks women are inferior to men.....I say to them...respect the womb that bore you.
    Know that you're not insecure like some men are.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Banned
    Hey t2k2 I have the perfect website for you www.askmen.com this site is tight so check it out.

t2k2 > i share similar views, actually the way I see it life is all about balance, yin and yang, good and bad, so relationships should reflect that. Its good to see that your breaking old trends and stereotypes, now if only more would follow your example
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I'd say anyone who thinks of women as inferior needs to take a look around.Everywhere you look women are in high places.Executives in large corporations,teachers(I have an aunt who is a chemistry proffesor and one of my grandmothers retired from teaching psychology at SIU and now treats federal prison inmates.),soldiers,judges,and poloticians(not to mention every other form of employment out there.Then most of them still make the time to be mothers on top of that(which by the way is one job I wouldn't want.)

Because of that,why shouldn't guys pitch in around the house.The best part of the whole thing is when you clean the house yourself,it's a hell of a lot easier to find your tools.The era of women sitting around the house doing dishes and dusting 24/7 is over with.So somebody got to do that stuff when the wife's got to work full time too.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

You hit the nail on the head t2k2. I feel exactly the same about this issue and believe me it definitely has a lot to do with the way you were brought up. I have been doing the dishes, cleaning the house, preparing dinner etc. as well as changing my kid’s nappies when they were born. I don’t think it makes you less of a man to share this responsibility; in fact it could only make you a better person.

My kids are brought up the same way and it makes you feel proud when somebody else tells you that your kids have good manners. That tells me that we must be doing something right. You know where I can see it personally? When my wife is not feeling very well (terminal illness-Systemic Lupus Erythmatosis), and I am occupied at work, they can prepare food or see to it that she gets her medication on time. What makes me even more proud is that they do it out of their own free will and goodness of their hearts.

Maybe we should put this one to the vote. Just a thought.
    I am 100% with you on this one.

Regards
    V/man
    Practise what you preach.

Originally posted here by gghornet
    I'd say anyone who thinks of women as inferior needs to take a look around.Everywhere you look women are in high places.
    The main perpetrator of this type of behaviour is the Catholic Church. The majority of people who don't feel threatened by women feel the same way as you t2k2..........

Right on..

I think it's time for the real kind of girl power..
    I make more then my boyfriend... like 2x more..
    But I also work a lot harder.

YOSD (the_JinX's girlfriend)
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Yeah, you're right about women working high-maintenance/high profile jobs. Just look at Condoleezza Rice. She's the National Security Advisor! I think that's just amazing! Not long ago, a woman holding a position like that was only someone's "pipe dream." But now more than ever, it's becoming an everyday thing. I say, "more power to you." I support my wife to advance in whatever she wants to do. I am probably the one person she can count on for that kind of support. She doesn't deserve any less, and (speaking to all the fellas) neither should your mother or your wife.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

inferiority?

How can staying home with kids, teaching them, and keeping the house be any bit inferior? It isn't about inferior, wether women should work or not. How can women think that being able to stay home and hand raise the next generation is inferior to working somewhere else? Isn't raising the kids and being a housewife better than just pulling in money?

Raven