Now Search Google using a mirror... :)

Thread: Now Search Google using a mirror... :)

Now Search Google using a mirror... :)

Yes, someone has set up a google search mirror - literally! Called elgooG, it displays all the text backwards, requiring you to use a mirror to read it. Check it out at www.alltooflat.com/geeky/elgoog/
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

Pretty funny , how did you find that?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

Old Fart
    Sorry manpreet, we hit this one about a month ago....

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234470
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i came to know about it in a local newspaper.

allen>> i did'nt knew that it has been discussed before... i became a member just a day before yesterday..!!

speaking of google, does everyone remember the "to go hell" and hit "i'm feeling lucky" button takes you to microsoft website? well, its changed now. i dont know if microsoft got pissed and threatened to "buy them out" (simpsons reference) or if it was just a great marketing scheme, but now they have the "hell" search engine, powered by google. just type in what you want in the what do you desire box and hit the black button.

lol! you know its from hell, though. i put in true happiness and i go to the "the the" website. NO!!!
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Old Fart
    manpreet, no insult intended. I would advise you to have done a search, but searching the term 'google' on this site would have turned up thousands of hits, and I doubt you would have taken the time to look at the one titled "Great firewall of China broken". It is, however, a good habit to search the site before making a post just to make sure that a subject hasn't already been covered. There are those here who will have an adverse reaction to posts that cover things already discussed. Peace out and welcome to AO!!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

speaking of google, does everyone remember the "to go hell" and hit "i'm feeling lucky" button takes you to microsoft website? well, its changed now. i dont know if microsoft got pissed and threatened to "buy them out"
    read it all here http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,105579,00.asp
    Microsoft Escapes From Google 'Hell'

Company's Web site no longer top result in search on infernal phrase.

Linda Rosencrance, Computerworld
    Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Microsoft is no longer considered to be hell, according to the Google search engine.

Last week, Computerworld reported that if someone typed the phrase "go to hell" (with quotes) into Google's search engine, the No.1 ranked search result was Microsoft's home page. AOL.com ranked a close third behind the site Hell.com, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill came in sixth.

Just two days later, however, Hell.com topped the list of search results for "go to hell," and Microsoft, AOL, and UNC were nowhere to be found--at least not in the top 30 diabolical search results.
    Advertisement

So, what happened?
    Microsoft Gets Redeemed

"Every 30 days Google switches over to a new index," said Nate Tyler, spokesman for the Mountain View, California-based Web search company. "Every time we do a new crawl of the 2.4 billion Web pages, we come up with a new index."

Tyler said it was just a coincidence that the index was refreshed right after the Computerworld story appeared.

Even so, Danny Sullivan, editor of the Darien, Connecticut-based newsletter "SearchEngineWatch," isn't so sure.
    Was It Human Intervention?

Sullivan acknowledged that Google constantly performs updates and that on Thursday, September 26--the day after Computerworld's story appeared--the search engine company made significant changes in how it looks at links across Web sites.

Nevertheless, Sullivan said he wouldn't be surprised if humans examined the search indexes to see what was producing Microsoft's No. 1 ranking in the "go to hell" search--and to figure out a better way to rank sites. (Google's indexes are updated automatically.)

"That would have been done separately from the [automated] changes that were made," he said.
    All Links Lead to 'Hell'

Sullivan said that one reason Microsoft initially topped the "go to hell" list of Web sites was probably that Google searches look at the number and target of people's "go to hell" links. If a lot of people had "go to hell" links pointing to Microsoft, then Google might conclude that it was the best match for that search.

In fact, Sullivan said, searching for the phrase go to hell Microsoft (without quotes) served up 273,000 Web pages, though a number of those pages have come up in the past two weeks. And a search on the phrase go to hell AOL (again without quotes) returned 412,000 Web pages, he said.

Those results suggest that a number of people don't think highly of those two companies, Sullivan observed.

By comparison, a search on the phrase go to hell Ghandi returned just 7430 Web pages, he said.

"It seems a lot of people are telling those companies to go to hell," he said.

i
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    manpreet, no insult intended. I would advise you to have done a search, but searching the term 'google' on this site would have turned up thousands of hits, and I doubt you would have taken the time to look at the one titled "Great firewall of China broken". It is, however, a good habit to search the site before making a post just to make sure that a subject hasn't already been covered. There are those here who will have an adverse reaction to posts that cover things already discussed. Peace out and welcome to AO!!
    I will keep that in mind in future

Yes qwerty_smith You don't think Bill Gates became the world's richest man by writing a lot of checks, did you???
    (not off topic.....following his Simpsons reference to one of my favorite episodes )

Cheers
    PS look at his bowl haircut..heeheehee
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion