Thread: Web Style

Web Style

how can I design my website in this format http://www.gamestyle.net/? Not an exact replica, but the design wise.

Viewing the source it looks like they've just used a complicated <table> structure, and a boatload of images.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

It looks like it is based on php (perhaps Nuke php or similar web content management system). The rest is grafx. And of course, shkuey is right with the tables.

So, I should pretty much use the table feature to outline my whole web site?

2 rows 3 columns

Yup, it's just all gifs., gif. images, and tables.

A good idea is to draw out a rough sketch of the homepage you'd like to make (and all the other pages) on a piece of paper first. Plan out where the text and images will be placed. It's always good to have an idea of what you want to create. From there, take it to HTML. Mess around with coding and ideas. You'll eventually stumble upon a web page look you'll be proud of.

Just take the time to site down and fiddle with some ideas. You'll find it's more gratifying to come up with your own outline and concepts rather than working off of someone elses. Let good looking sites inspire you, but don't use them as guide lines as to how to build your own.

Take care

::Chelle::

What they are doing is using nested tables. They are when there are three or two columns of tables, and inside those tables there are either cells made to look like new tables (by specifying TABLE BGCOLOR="#HEX" so you can't see the border, or specifying a border on the cell) or actual tables inside the columns.

I do not think they are using PHP Nuke because it has generator mega tags and other tags that you can't take off, because PHP nuke has to be constantly updated because of its *cough* insecure *cough* make up.

Silentstalker
    Silentstalker@nitesecurity.com
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

You have to know some css thats what there using is a .css style sheet file!

and lots of images thats all it looks like to me anyways im out check ya later people..

You have to know some css thats what there using is a .css style sheet file!

and lots of images thats all it looks like to me anyways im out check ya later people..