Answering Point Questions

Thread: Answering Point Questions

Answering Point Questions

Well seems a few have the rear ends in a pucker here about me. Thanks for points + or - gives me lots of information. To answer some of my questions to users that hide I will respond.

1. I have nothing against Bill Gates, I do however have a problem with what they say they have invented. Fact before 1996 M$ did not know what a TCP/IP protocol stack was and in fact licensed both PPP and WinSock, and include them in their products.

2. Bill did not invent MS-DOS it was in fact bought for about 50K and he was later suied for more money from the true inventor that drew very much on CP/M (if I recall).

3. Microsoft did not invent WORD you know the word processing program, they bought the one that invented it and true to M$ history hired him (oops he just retired). Again not anything original but marketing from M$.

4. Did you know that Internet Explorer is again not concieved nor invented by M$ but licensed? IE is based upon the first browser called Mosaic which you may guess Netscape was based upon by the grad student that brought it in part abput.

Who am I with I am with the public, sick of seeing my own works and others proft off of tax dollars converted to private profit. In my life time I have seen a beautiful river turned into a standing green water behind dams, fish gone the ladders did not work. I have seen the hard work of students, and common people exploited for a profit.

Thanks for the negs really I better understand the nature of today where no child look to a mentor, after all you have it figured out. I will say this and my father told me this and he is not here any longer. One day you will grow up have children and you will understand. Me I hope simply to retire before I am ripped off in my investments of a life time. Think I'll listen to a snot nosed kid saying trust me buy this stock? Look at the corp waste of youth not knowing.

I sit back I learn if I do not then why live life?

Thanks for all Points + and - I still learn
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Re: Answering Point Questions

Originally posted here by Palemoon
    Well seems a few have the rear ends in a pucker here about me. Thanks for points + or - gives me lots of information.

Who am I with I am with the public, sick of seeing my own works and others proft off of tax dollars converted to private profit. In my life time I have seen a beautiful river turned into a standing green water behind dams, fish gone the ladders did not work. I have seen the hard work of students, and common people exploited for a profit.

Thanks for the negs really I better understand the nature of today where no child look to a mentor, after all you have it figured out. I will say this and my father told me this and he is not here any longer. One day you will grow up have children and you will understand. Me I hope simply to retire before I am ripped off in my investments of a life time. Think I'll listen to a snot nosed kid saying trust me buy this stock? Look at the corp waste of youth not knowing.
    I agree 100% with the wait till you have children part that is so true. I also agree with public works and ideas converted to private profit. I could add the explotation of taxes, but why open that can of worms?

As for others having their panties in a knot about you, I can't comment, cause I didn't know. I can relate to the negs for differences of opinions though, it seems as though that is they way to give out negs for a lot of people. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I don't neg people if they disagree. Hell I have kids, I'm used to people disagreeing!

This place is about what this entire net oops M$ dot NET web is about a free exchange of ideas I was out here oh long before M$ even understood the impact. Ya know I hated history in school funny thing is I grew up in spite of my objections it happened. Was simply my response to my points and the people that gave then but I cannot respond to. Sort of see the points here like a sniper bullet...ya take the hit but don't know nor understand who is fireing the shot. But that is life you get up every day now days and your a target, my question is why? Give a point + or - fine at least have the guts to stand up to what you believe not hide...after all the world is now ruled here and real life by people that do not stand up speak but hide behind acts that no one beyond them understand.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Cool Its because we are among the "old d00ds"

Hey Palemoon,

I agree with your views in this thread, one and all. I got negged in a thread "the Rumor mill" for being rude...this particular thread consists of everyone in it throwing insults and such, my name was mentioned in one so I was obligated to add a bit of my own rhetoric. Oh well, not a real big thing, but that assignment had to be someone who was just dieing to neg me anyway, so I figure it was bound to happen anyway. I remember you having quite a few points in your arsenal, they must have really hit you hard...what thread was that in? Or did they go way back and single you out?

<edit>The assignment made to me was not signed, and he/she never returned my request to confront them to apoligize for being so rude.</edit>
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Makes little difference to me where the points came from other the the fact I spoke out about M$ products, and tie my panties in a knot (geez I got a life) Bill Gates. Facts are Bill cannot program beyond Hello World stuff he bought it all. Hey what programmer would not sell out to support their family? I strongly object to private corps going to Colleges and Universities that license what students invent in the labs that are supposed to teach. M$ would not have anything but oops was across the lake from the U of W and had the bucks to buy a supposed ligit right..they have Mary Gates Hall. The nonsense has to end you are a college student and the professor asks you to sign anything for that research project...ponder what in your youth you may sign away. Then ask the University where the public funds go for research projects and whom profits and by what amount before you get all flushed cause a prof wants you in the program. To youth you have answers beyond me, do not be exploited at school or by any corp, ya all know what ya know think ways I do not understand. Bill well he was a business major (did not finish) not a programmer...do not give what you know away cause M$ or IBM, SUN visit you, smile do not sign and later laugh cause you just may be the next one to define networking reality and what they offer is nothing in your pocket.

First of all Palemoon, kudos on your understanding of microsoft, and the fact that bill gates didn't even create the program that launched his career. The actual creator of MS-DOS, (which was previously known as QDOS, meaning quick and dirty operating system) was actually a man from Seattle by the name of Tim Patterson. The rights to sell the operating system were bought by Microsoft for less than 100,000 dollars.

http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/reach/435/dos.htm
    http://www.houlden.f9.co.uk/msdos/dosversions.htm

I don't know why you're negged so often, if it truly is for your distaste of Microsoft, (a distaste which seems to be a common thing around here, myself included) or whether it is something else, but I'll express my own personal incompatibilities with you in hopes that you'll gain a fuller knowledge of how at least some of us feel.

It has been expressed to you on many occasion that your posts are very difficult to read. You don't use proper punctuation, or anything close to it, and your sentences tend to run together. We don't like spending half an hour reading over three sentences to try and extract it's meaning.

More importantly, you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder towards the younger generation. You're always complaining about us being know-it-alls, and not being accepting towards mentorship. Do you think just because nobody wants to be mentored by you that there aren't others that have had the opportunity to teach the willing? You rant about our pompous gestures and brackish demeanor, and in doing so, have expressed a personality in unison to that which you claim to despise.

I haven't negged you for either of these reasons, (or at all if my memory serves me right) and will continue to refrain from doing so. It's much easier, and much more impacting to just retort you in the threads you've created. As you've stated yourself, " at least have the guts to stand up to what you believe not hide". I agree with you fully, and your adversaries should come out and claim their beef with you. You deserve the right to know.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness