State of AO!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of AO!

It's a gas!

State of AO!

Hi guys

I just realised that most of the more well established members of AO seem to have left us (or they're just hiding), which in my opinion is worrying.
    For example, i was just looking at str34m3r's profile and apparently he has left the AO community indefinitely because of
    I get bored reading all the AP whining every day. I'll check back every once in a while to see if anything gets better
    IMO it was these members who have made AO the place it is today (with the help of JP of course) and without them the state of the AO threads will deteriorate. My opinion of course.

So i say, bring back the thread topics that drew me here in the first place!

Thanks and goodnight!

Regards

r3b00+

IMO it was these members who have made AO the place it is today (with the help of JP of course) and without them the state of the AO threads will deteriorate. My opinion of course.

So i say, bring back the thread topics that drew me here in the first place!
    People come and people go all the time, that's a simple fact of life (and many returns sooner or later). IMHO AO is not dependent of old members to be a good place, it's up to all active members to make this a good place and everybody has to contribute to this society not only the old members .

~micael

It's a gas!
    I agree but fact of the matter is the general quality of threads HAS deteriorated during my time here, and i would put that down to the fact that the old hands havent been around as much!

r3b00+

It seems to me the quality of the threads fluctuates.I don't think there's been some catastrophic deterioration in the site.As a matter of fact between 2 and three weeks ago it was worse in my opinion.A lot more whining,Moderator/Senior member conspiracy theories,and people being banned left and right.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

I think that their is a general consensus about the lack of qualityin threads,
    I'm ill placed to make that commant since i've been in and out of AO but i think that a the orignal idea for this site should be more inspired. ie no threads about what the colors of the shoes of jerry springer but rather specific security/hardware/networking issues
    assembly.... digital dna ?

think that their is a general consensus about the lack of qualityin threads,
    I'm ill placed to make that commant since i've been in and out of AO but i think that a the orignal idea for this site should be more inspired. ie no threads about what the colors of the shoes of jerry springer but rather specific security/hardware/networking issues
    this is what i was trying to say in the "follow the leader" thread (ie) we shouldnt post about every little thing in the news like fat people sue mc'donalds com on if i wanted to read that i would open my newspaper or change the channel to sky news.I will be the first to admit that i have posted some sh**y threads but most of my threads are computer related i think i have only posted meaninglless crap a few time but as micael said

it's up to all active members to make this a good place and everybody has to contribute to this society not only the old members .
    if we want to turn the discussions around it's up to us all we cant exactly point any fingers at certain people for the threads either because most of us are guilty of doing it ourselfs one time or another

peace
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I'm still here. Then again, maybe I'm not considered an established member....

So is negative, tedob1, Ennis, Confirmed_Kill, allenb1963, etc. Most of the top10 ap earners...even the ones that were banned are comming back with new nicks...

Also VictorKaum, and others from the top10 posters.

Yeah, some of the "addicts" have left, but some are just in rehab.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

GreekGoddess
    I'm with prodikal on this one, not because I'm a 'sheep' or whatever, but instead of complaining, as it seems many are doing in threads lately, make a concious effort to improve the forums. If you think there are too many news posts or non-security related posts, don't even bother with them, go straight to the technical posts and offer your help with whatever question someone has, or stick to strictly technical discussions. Start posting your own questions that are security related, and of course, post more tutorials, as that will help people to learn. It may take a while, but people notice these things, and you'll eventually get a response, rather than posting threads about how you got negged for this and that...blah, blah, blah.

And most importantly, remember, you're not going to please everyone with your ideas. You're going to get negged no matter what you do, because that's just how it is. Unless it's abuse, which should be taken up with JP, just grin and bear it, learn from it, move on (even if it was pointless). I tend to laugh about mine, especially the pointless ones. But don't let that bully you out of posting because a few people out of so many members disagreed with what you said. Be yourself, and help the community bring back what made AO a great security forum.

I agree with GreekGoddess because I am her sheep. But honestly...all of us make AO...it is only as good as each of us make it.

Together we will make something awesome!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Hi mom!
    Louie, please ...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.