Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Universal Matter - Girls

[glowpurple]It's not possible to understand girls, in general. You have to understand the individual first, then start with another, knowing that something you said/did before was unacceptable. When in doubt, ask the indiviual what angers and depresses her, that way you don't mess up. Any more questions? Send me a private message and maybe I can help.[/glowpurple]

Universal Matter...

I think that part of the reason that men feel it's so hard to understand women is because women are easier to upset or offend. It's so bad with some men that they act as though they are walking on egg shells or something. Guys (at least many of the guys that I know) will let things roll off their back much easier. Women tend to hold "grudges" a bit longer, while some men could forget about it by the next day. I can tell you one thing about me (although I am only 1 out of 2 billion - or whatever number of men there are in the world), I am not easily upset, and if I am bothered about something, it doesn't last long. Now, I wasn't always like this; I used to have a really bad temper and no patience, but I found that being that way can give you a quicker trip to the grave! Now, I am easy going and secure in my relationship with my wife. Oh, and I agree with Greek Goddess here:

Originally posted here by GreekGoddess
    Women are no more complex than males, but if you obsess over trying to solve the mystery of their sex, you're going to miss out on getting to know the person. I think the mystery of a person unravels with time, consistencies in things they do, things they say, the quirks of the person that you grow to love and cherish.

And as has been said, women are very similar to men, we do many of the things that men do, except we keep it more within our female cliques. A woman who sleeps around and makes 'booty calls' and shares it publicly isn't as respected as a man would be for doing the same thing. Women keep their belt notches to themselves and amongst close friends. I think we are more secretive than males are, but I also think that's one of those things that allures males to us.
    Much is discovered and answered when you have been with a woman over time, but you can't stress too much over understanding women so that you miss out on getting to know her. I also agree with the comment about women keeping their accomplishments/"notches" to themselves, except for when they have a listening ear like mine to share their dirt. LOL...j/k But really, the mystery of a woman - however mystifying it may be to you - is very attractive to a man - it definitely got me hooked with my wife! I saw just the surface of her personality, and it was enough for me to want to know her better. Oh, as far as men sleeping around and telling about it and women doing the same thing and not being respected as much - I have never really agreed with the way that happens, but you're right, that IS the way it's perceived. I find myself kind of isolated when guys start talking about something like that, so when it comes up, I tell them how I am happy with my wife and kind of remove myself at that point. Occasionally, I end up in a heated discussion with/about someone who has been married to a wonderful woman for x # of years, but decides that it's not enough and has to have other women. Ok, I will end this because I am starting to get off of the topic. Next person...
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

GreekGoddess
    I think on a level of friendship, things are completely different than in a relationship. I know that I have a lot of male friends more than female friends, and yet none of them, including the females claim to understand me at all. I guess I kinda like it that way.

I can agree that women are a lot more emotional about things, whereas society tells a man who is too emotional that he is a pussy/pansy/whatever for doing the same thing.

When a woman says to a male that they want to be more understood, at least for me, what I mean when I say it, is that...I don't want you to solve the universal mystery of all women, but if I'm having a bad day, be there for me, understand that I'm most likely going to be grumpy, and I might rant a little. You don't psychoanalyze me, just be my friend and listen to me, just like I would do for you.

Well said GG, well said...

Sorry for the short post, but I think it's appropriate enough here to express my thought towards GG's post.

Smile

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gotta love todays society. There are so many double standards. Women may have the exact same sex drive as men, but if a woman sleeps with 15 guys, she is labeled a "whore" or "slut". If a guy sleeps with 50 women, he is labeled a "sex god" Although when women are talking together, and no men are around, you can find out a lot of things that you normally wouldn't know. There is to much pressure from todays society for a woman to be "pure".

It goes the same with the emotional thing. Its society. If a guy crys about something, he is a wuss. If a girl crys, she is emotional.

Our society plays such a large role in how we view eachother, and noone wants a negative label. We are all worried about how we will be judged by someone else. If I tell someone I am crying, are they going to label me a wuss, or say that I am "teder" or "caring"? Guys hide just as much as girls do, but in a completely different way.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit that I have come to a point on many occasions where I've had to cry - in fact, I'm crying right this moment... j/k but really, it's good to let go sometimes. As far as worrying about others judging you, I don't worry about that, and I try to help my wife with this when I can since other's opinions sometimes overwhelm her. But sometimes it's just good to listen. I don't try to fix or understand everything, it's impossible. Besides, women don't like to be fixed, like their broke or something...like trying to fix a car...a lot of men make this mistake, I think.

Smile

Your understanding of girl depend on what you think about them you must learn how to think the girl way in that you can understand them. Just do your best for the girls u like and also learn to know and love yourself it will help you if you have any question just pm me thank s

Originally posted here by souleman
    Gotta love todays society. There are so many double standards. Women may have the exact same sex drive as men, but if a woman sleeps with 15 guys, she is labeled a "whore" or "slut". If a guy sleeps with 50 women, he is labeled a "sex god"
    Really? Not by me. I look down somewhat negatively on both. Just because there are a few dumb guys who think large amounts of "scoring" is a good thing, that doesn't mean that everyone thinks like that.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

Just as thesecretfire said, I will also rate both of them equally negative. Particularly in the Indian society, excessive sex drive (guy or a gal) is looked down upon.

Leaving that aside, I will be more interested in a gal who can I talk to about things I'm interested in. know they're out there. Haven't found them. But I've got faith...

Tell me if I'm not being realistic - that may be my main problem - but I'm looking for a person that interests me rather than a person that I'd have to pretend to be interested in.
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

Yeah, I don't hear of too many guys being called a jiggelo (pardon the spelling) or a slut or anything of that nature, but women are called that in a hot-minute.

Smile