Hardcore Gamer

Thread: Hardcore Gamer

Hardcore Gamer

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/27544.html

This is not a funny matter, even though when I sent the link to some of my friends... they started laughing. Just becareful out there in the gaming world.

Apparently someone died from to much gaming. I always had some thought if to that was possible, but I never really heard about if actualy happening.
    Viper

more than one "someone" has died from gaming. There have been a few reported instances of this in the recent past.

does anyone remember one of the loading screens for Baldurs Gate? It mentioned something about taking a breakd and getting some food because they didn't want to loose any of their players.

El Diablo

Ok, now I've heard it all. First there was OD - overdose, now OG - overgamed...what next? No really, this is pretty sick. People have got to know where to draw the line.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

This guy didn't die from the gaming. It could have happened to anyone in any circumstances. What he really died of was being stupid. If you are silly enough to ignore the fact that you haven't eaten for more than three days, then the affects will be quite serious, wheter he was playing computer games, running a marathon or playing bowls!
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

responsibility

The internet cafe should realize that they are also responsible, if this is credible information.
    I mean if he was at a cafe they would know what he had to eat, drink, sleep etc. So maybe the company is at fault and liable to be in big trouble.

Take this as a lesson all you net-caf people out there.. dont let your customers die...

Sorry if I offend anyone with what I am about to say but DAMN !!! If you are STUPID enough to park your butt in front of a computer for 86 hours without eating or drinking then you die.... Sorry you deserve what ever happens to you... Sounds like a case of "Natural Selection" to me... Does anyone know if they put either of the guys mentioned in the story in for a Darwin Award?
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

and i thought i played games a lot.

RiVa