Thread: permissions invision

Question permissions invision

hi, i saw someone mentioned invisionboard in another thread, i didnt know what it was but greekgoddess pointed me to a link.
    so i downloaded it and installed it. i already had mysql and php installed on Xitami webserver. i am running win2000 also.
    i created some accounts and posted threads and it was really easy to setup and configure except for one thing.
    i installed all the invision related files in a folder 'forums' inside of the 'webpages' directory in Xitami.
    when i go to the URl localhost/forums/index.php everything works fine and i get the main page.
    if i type in localhost/forums/ i have a problem. it is showing all the files in that directory and i would like to make them all restricted. when i was setting it up it did mention using
    chmod command to change the permissions on those folders obviously i cant do that as i am using win2000. so how do i go about making those folders restricted.
    i went to the invision website and it was kind of a mess i figured i could get a better answer here and faster maybe someone has a similar setup to what i have.

thanks
    if you can\'t wear the skin of a lion wear the skin of a fox

Not sure what invisionboard is, but I have a rough idea of some things that are going on, and maybe that will point you in the right direction:

1) accessing a directory returns list of files, not an index:
    You need to configure the web browser to not allow listings of the directory
    This is highly dependent on the web server you are running, but the second suggestion I am giving you should fix the problem, but you still need to figure out how to tell it that.

2) accessing a directory returns a list of files, not an index:
    You need to tell your web server that index.php is a valid index file (then it won't default to showing the directory). So look for a directive or configuration that allows you to tell it what the index file is (look for index.html or Default.htm, those are the two common ones)

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)