Thread: Problem with IExplorer 6

Problem with IExplorer 6

Whenever i get a pop up window in IE it doesn't load. The window comes up, but that's it. Does anyone here know how i can fix this?

Are you using any kind of pop up stopper?
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Is Adaware a pop up stopper?

I had this exact problem once before aswell. Every time I clicked a link for a pop-up a window frame would apear but the contents would not load. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did to fix it but here is a few sugestions:

Try repairing IE: Start> Programs> Assorceries> System Tools> System Information> tools menu, Internet Explorer Repair tool.

That aplies for Windows 9x. However that did not fix my problem, I even tryed running the Windows update, and still did not solve the problem.

Maybe try another browser such as avant browser at www.avantbrowser.com it is free, looks alot like IE, has a built in pop up killer for windows you did not request. And it uses IE as its core.

I tryed turning off Proxomitron which is a universal web filter and proxy www.proxomitron.cjb.net

But turning it off did not solve the problem either, and IE does not have an un-install option, atleast not in Windows 9x.

Maybe try useing my computer to launch web pages. Just open up my computer, and in the address bar you can type web addresses, if you have a firewall it will ask you if you want to alow it to conect.

I dont think this solved my problem either. And I searched all over google. I think the way I finaly solved it was by formating the drive. However there should be a easyer solution. You may want to use the Ms backup utility to backup some programs first.

Im sorry that I forgot how I solved it. But I hope some of my ideas may help.
    test

I have had the same problem earlier with IE6 and I could not find a solution then. I found a "workaround" though. When the window 'poped up' I did hit 'stop' and then 'reload' and the content showed up.

This is aint the way it should work but since I also use Opera and IE only for the few webpages not fully supported by Opera was this not a big problem for me.

This is probably not much help for you. But if you are able to 'reload' the blank page and then be able to see the content then you atleast know that this is a bug atleast one more have had .

~micael

Are you actually wanting to view the popups? Sorry of this isn't useful, but I usually just keep my fingers on ALT and F4 to close the things out, however I suggest u just d/l a new browser and use it, i think IE is crummy in my opininon. Best (free) browsers I can thionk of and reccomend to you are Opera, Mozilla and like aj said, Avant. Netscape 7.0 isn't exactly impressive to me, but it seems to be popular to users of alternative browsers so u may like it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, if you run XP you may just want to uninstall IE and then reinstall it using add/remove programs>add/remove windows componants. Best help i can give ya bro

And by the way, i'm not sure, but I think adaware is in fact a pop up stopper, but if the popups you're getting are still opening windows and just not loading content, its gotta be a crummy one. Most popup stoppers will either close the pop up entirely, or won't allow it to load...but if the popups are just not getting loaded then I don't think adaware is what's causing that...

pop-up's can be a AD triggered by a script or similiar when you visit a page. But it may also be a link wich opens in a new window. And the bug I had stopped the ads (that was a good thing) and also all links which opened in a new window (not so good).

Ad-aware is a spyware removal utility and should not stop windows from loading. There are also a program called Ad-watch and I think its bundled with Ad-aware plus . This program stops some spyware in real time (cookies?) and monitors and warns you for some spyware and scumware activites on your computer.

~micael

I dled Avant and it's working fine, so i'll just use it. I meant the ones where you click a link and a window pops up, not pop-up ads.

documented in technet

Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously