win 98 login script

Thread: win 98 login script

win 98 login script

New to login/networking, and trying to find a loging script for win 98 network login. IE username and password auto login with out any promts, is this possible? and if so how can it be done?

lank

The Iceman Cometh
    Why did you post this twice? Delete one of the two posts.

As for a script, what do you need it for? If it's for a single, local machine, just use TweakUI and enable the Autologon. Otherwise, it's probably easiest to use the Local/Group Policy Editor to set up auto logon. Generally, though, you don't want to enable auto logon because it will allow anyone to log onto the machine (though, with 9x, you can cancel out of the login, though that can be circumvented through the Policy Editor as well).

AJ

the PC will be in my car so others loging in not a real problem. I will try what you said, thanks.

lank

got Tweakui, and it works like a champ, THANKS.

lank

Hey Lank. Welcome to AO. By the way, you will probably want to read over the forums before you post again. This forum is for site-related questions. I'm just trying to give you some good advice so that you won't find yourself getting negged. And like avdven said, make sure that you don't post something more than once. This usually annoys the members.

Take care.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile