Diffiulty posting and signing on

Thread: Diffiulty posting and signing on

Diffiulty posting and signing on

Hi All,

Today I have had difficulty signing on to AO. After entering my UID and PAS I got the standard message saying Welcome DSpeidel. . . Click here if you don't want to wait longer. . .and my browser just kept clicking like I had clicked on a link and the thread number shown on the status bar continued to change but I never got to the homepage where I could post. I closed the browser and tried again same result.

I checked some of my settings and discovered that I had blocked AO from setting cookies I adjust my settings and the same thing happened. I closed the browser after entering UID and pass. I returned and this time I got logged on the cookie was set. I wouldn't have thought of it again except when I posted in
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=235791

the same thing happened. I closed the browser and came back and the post was there -but I can't get there through normal posting.

I'm running w2k server with sp3 IE 6.0 sp1. I have not changed any of the system files in the pass 5 days -I did delete cookies and files akong with clearing history this morning. I am running ZoneAlarm Pro version 3.1. I allow AO to assign session/persistent and 3rd party cookies (although I'm against the 3rd).

I'm hoping this is a fluke however, if it isn't it's a troublsesome feature.

Cheers,
    -D
    EDIT
    PS The same thing happened when I posted this post

No problems with my laptop at work this morning. I will further investagate my settings when I get home.
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Th only work around I have found is for each post/logon is go tool->options->privacy->Edit select antionline.com and click the Allow button. I am out of ideas. I would be greatful for any assitance.

Thanks,
    -D

You could try another navigator like Mozilla and view if you have again the same problem.
    If you could said us what restrictions you have put to your connections, maybe it could help.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Originally posted here by KissCool
    You could try another navigator like Mozilla and view if you have again the same problem.
    If you could said us what restrictions you have put to your connections, maybe it could help.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I installed Oprea over the weekend and I left the settings wide up. I could not logon -I never got past the click here if you are tired of waiting. I opened the security wide on Oprea and no improvment. I know this is something I did to my system with ZA pro but I cannot find the proper setting to change and the problem persists even if I exit ZA.

Thanks in adavance for any other suggestions.

-D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.

no problems to logon to site but i would say its rather slow loading pages from this site, anyone agree?
    LAUGH NOW! For Who LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST!!!!!

For clarity I only have an issue with my home PC it fine with my work laptop.

Hey D -
    Nice to see another person from the Pacific NW and Portland OR in particular!
    As to your problem posting, etc. . . . You may want to try uninstalling and then reinstalling ZA Pro. You will need to ensure that all registry entries are deleted for the program before reinstalling (ZA will NOT delete everything). RegCleaner by Jouni Vuorio (freeware) does a great job.
    If you've tried all this already, the only other suggestion I would make is switch to Outpost firewall (freeware) by Agnitum. Outpost works along with your browser but allows you to enter individual sites and adjust their Active Content settings according to your particular needs. You can block ads, Java applets, pop-ups, VB/Java Scripts, ActiveX, specified email attachments and more. IMHO it is easier to fine tune than ZA, with better protection. If you decide to switch, let me know, as I copied the instructions for the ZA to OP install and will be happy to post them for you.
    Good Luck . . . V
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.