Thread: Another Assign AntiPoints Bug

Another Assign AntiPoints Bug

Ok, i found another AntiPoints Bug (I found 1 yesterday), which is quite small but still a bug :

When user post a message he got this AntiPoints status near his nickname. If you click on it, then it says something like "Username has some possitive AntiPoints.", right?

Ok, now... there are people who post messages and banned after that. take those posts, or hidden posts (is it the same thing? never mind).
    Click on the AntiPoints status of the banned user, can you see the message? good. now click on the "To view this post click [here]" link, to see the message.

A new window will be opened. Click on the AntiPoints status on the new window

"Username has AntiPoints."
    There you go.

Why do you consider this a bug? It doesn't detract from the site in any way that I can think of, it just pops up a dialog that says the user has antipoints. Besides, the new window that pops up doesn't always have a status bar under it, so the mouseover can't display the normal message on that window. In that case I think that a dialog would be appropriate.

Why do you consider this a bug?
    Because it is a bug, as far as I can tell by his description. No matter how impactive it is on the site, a bug is a bug and deserves to be reported. Sure, it doesn't matter one way or the other whether or not a popup box comes up and stuff or not, but still, something is not in sync with something else on the site, and this kid (not literal) has found it. Cheers to 'em for catching such small things.

Please don't get me wrong. I didn't mean any disrespect. It just seems to me like the problem reported might be an actual feature and not a bug. I guess it's the software developer in me that is feeling that way.

I apologize to STeRoiD if it seems like I was berating him.