Thread: 60 Minutes "SAS" Sunday Night

60 Minutes "SAS" Sunday Night

Did anyone happen to check the 60 minutes segment on SAS over the weekend? SAS is an independant software company that has a never ending list of benifits. On-site Artist, On-Site Hospital (not medical center), On-site Gym, On-Site Golf Course, On-Site Day Care, On-Site Massaues, On-Site Cafe' w/ live entertainment. All these benifites are free for use any time of day "uncluding your 35 hour work week" Could you believe if something like this could ever become norm. How much more stress free life would be.

Re: 60 Minutes "SAS" Sunday Night

Originally posted here by Tek Weasel
    Did anyone happen to check the 60 minutes segment on SAS over the weekend? SAS is an independant software company that has a never ending list of benifits. On-site Artist, On-Site Hospital (not medical center), On-site Gym, On-Site Golf Course, On-Site Day Care, On-Site Massaues, On-Site Cafe' w/ live entertainment. All these benifites are free for use any time of day "uncluding your 35 hour work week" Could you believe if something like this could ever become norm. How much more stress free life would be.
    I saw the segment and I was impressed. The closest I ever came was working for SAP America where lunch was free. Once a quater the company split massage costs with employees and the there was gym. Benefits like that are nice but they will not keep employeess if salaries are not competive or management is difficult to work with.

It seems that part of the SAS magic is that they have provided a lot of benefits to the employees and they have created a very positive and supportive work environment. As I watched the story I was intriquied enough that I might visit there employeement section if I decide to move to the east coast.

cheers,
    -D

Telework - it's the future of stress free life for motivated employees and a massive saving for companies.

It doesn't suit everyone - remember that desite being always at home you are also always at work(!) - but it works for me (and my cat)

Excellent avatar btw dspeidel!
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.