Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors of the net tcp/ip movie

Thumbs up Warriors of the net tcp/ip movie

hello people of AO

i was browsing about flicking through links and such and i came accross this its a movie on tcp/ip its really good
    (well i thought it was) but the only bad thing was it took me 3 hours to download on a 56k
    but i thought it could teach a lot of people how a packet moves through a network and the internet
    this would be perfect for all of you on ADSL but on 56k i dont really recomend it not unless you want a 3 hour lag

http://www.warriorsofthe.net/clips.html
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Origionaly placedon the net by ericson..

I've got it on CD (for a year now) and shown it to a lot of no-know friends..

Realy informative and a lot of fun !

Nice find !!

Ericson pulled it of their own website couse of the high demand and limited bandwith..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

i didnt know it was in that high demand the_JinX

i have watched it about 3 times now i think it is really good and gives you a good understanding of how your packet is generated and the procedures it goes through to get to the destination
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out

Just watched it... It's ok I guess for someone that has no clue ont tcp/ip and networks in general... A little weak for someone wanting to know more... (doesn't really mention tcp/ip or osi layers, virtual connections...)

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

True ammo, I downloaded it myself and it tied together a lot of loose ends in my head about tcp/ip. It provided me with more of a base to explore tcp/ip, I had read about this kind of stuff before but I'm more of a visual learner when it comes to new things. So, wraping things up... great find prodikal!

Also for those of you in the same boat as me and want to find out more he's a good site to start...
    www.yale.edu/pclt/COMM/TCPIP.HTM
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

we watched it in my networking class last night, kinda cool, id reccomend it, the ping of death getting squished was pretty entertaining lol.

My main gripe is how the ping of death is actually a rather outdated and bad example in the thing, but I've recommended it to a teacher who is doing a tech-intro class.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I used the movie a few years ago to educate my class (I was myself a student) the foundations in networking. I found the movie more then good to give a non-tech person a good view about what happens when you for example are opening a web browser.

And the movie teached them and gave them a better understanding then I ever could do .

~micael

hey people i had know idea that this movie was that old i agree that it didnt go in to a lot of detail
    but im still learning tcp/ip and it cleared up some small answers that i wasnt grasping all in all it was good
    in my opinion i would definetly say it is a good thing for people just starting to learn tcp/ip

thanks for all the responses

Yes the movie is a little bit old but that does not mean that it's a bad movie. Many old things are still good and interesting, look at the pyramids for example .

This movie are still one of my first choices if I will start to learn a newbie about networking.

~micael