View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it: I think I could bring expertise to the table.

8 28.57%
  • I like it: I think I could learn alot from it.

20 71.43%
  • I like it but I don\'t think people would get into it

0 0%
  • I don\'t like the idea much...

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar contest

Question Avatar contest

hello people i just had slight brain wave how would you all feel about a avatar contest between all of AO's members
    like people how would like to enter design there own avatar and submit it in a thread and maybe some of the people here that are good with graphical design tools could judge it (ie)SickDwarf GreekGoddess and any others ?
    i got this idea while playing with my avatar and the gimp hey i know i didnt do major improvements and its quite crappy but its my first time using the gimp

so how do you all feel about this i know it isnt security related but it would be better than all the news threads that dont have anything remotly related to technical and computer stuff

and maybe JP could put the top 5 avatars in with the others that you can choose from the avatars on the main site
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

OK Here is Mine!!!
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

It's a gas!
    I think this is a grand idea, it'll pass the time for me here at work!
    Havent had a look at gimp yet, still learning the ropes but ill get a look tonight and get on the ball!

Hope everyone else is up for it!

r3b00+

Wait, I will also take part in this contest and will submit my entry very soon
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

ok there are wiling people but wait to see what the rest of the community think before subbmiting entrys
    it would de a little pointless with only 4 people so if any 1 else is interested please reply
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Kwiep
    I'd like to join... I'm getting tired of this dragonhead.
    Double Dutch

What kind of grafix?

It could be anything from "AO" to a picture of Elvis?

Elvis is kinda cool, isn't he?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

i'm game.
    time i designed a still avatar.

i'll also help judge.
    i'm a graphic artist as well.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

I've got a few already, here they are... I'll get started on a few more.

the ones of the face are me, i used photoshop 6 to make a photo of me symetrical, then i lowered the brightness, increased the contrast. and for the white one i just inverted the colors, the matrix one, i made a slightly opaque layer mask over the white areas of the face and put a picture of code behind it, you can barely tell when it is shrunken like that. the "woot!" one was actually a photo of refrigerator magnets on my fridge, the only problem was i only had one set of letters and no punctuation, so it was actually a photo of them spelling "wo t1" which i edited with photoshop. the max one and the deagle one were actually not mine, just in my folder, didn't mean to submit them, the skull one was an interesting one... i was testing some vb libraries for making media players, and one of the visualization settings looked alot like bloody, rusty, smoldering steel. so i took a shot of that whilst "By Myself" by Linkin Park was playing on it and put an alpha map of the quake 3 arena skull over it, painting over the fangs, of course.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Count me in!

btw, acid, nice stuff dude.

Greetz & Respect
    Bleh.