Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush, Iraq, N.Korea

Who's gonna be next after Iraq? China, Russia, and Pakistan ?And who will it be after that? Welcome to Empire....
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

The North Korean official then shocked Kelly when he said "something to the effect of, 'Your president called us a member of the axis of evil ... Your troops are deployed on the Korean Peninsula ... Of course, we have a nuclear program,'" according to the senior source who has been briefed on the meeting.
    What I mean is this is the US announcing something told privately by a singular North Korean official, rather than an announcement by N. Korea, per se. IMO they don't carry quite the same weight as each other. Hell, the guy could've been sarcastic.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Lightbulb

N Korea may have the bomb but without an ICBM to strap it to, it isn't a direct threat to us. They have good reason to say they have a bomb, Bush has them listed with Iraq and Iran as an axis of evil. We are openly considering attacking Iraq, they are thinking "We might be next". We would probably not consider attacking Iraq after it gets the bomb, that is why Bush is in a hot hurry to send Saddam to Ghamora (apologies to any biblical scholars).

"Another advantage for N. Korea is China. If the US starts a ground war (or any kind of war) with Korea, China is going to get involved, and, wit over a billion people, they are definitely a formidable adversary. "

In last Korean war the Chinese entry was provoked if your General McArthur hadn't pissed the Chinese
    off when they warned him repeatedly not to come closer they might have not have sent there troops screaming across the border like a swarm of locusts there were thousands of them.