Paint Shop Pro question

Thread: Paint Shop Pro question

Paint Shop Pro question

ive been using psp since version 4. At that time i had the time to learn to use it. Now with the new version there are a few common operations im lost on.

Is there a way to NOT use layers for a simple graphic. i find i have to keep making it 1 layer all the time to do what i want if its simple.

I cant find the capture feature...i have to go back to version 6 to do screen captures. where is it now?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob, I haven't use Paint Shop Pro , But I have searched something for you , may be this is your answer, I hope.

http://www.fresherimage.com/Tips/Pai...o/screenshots/
    http://www.frontiernet.net/~willshak...ure/index.html

Cheers
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

thanks Unl3Ashed !

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed, graphics related sites are getting as bad as pr0n sites with their "aggressive advertising" techniques?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hey Ted. My wife is a pro with PSP. She'll take over from right here *

Hi Ted, Lilly here I use PSP 7, and have used it for well over a year now. If you're wanting to make a "single-layered" image, simply don't engage the layer palette however once your image is finished, make sure you "merge all layers visible," or "merge all flattened." Even though you don't have "actual layers," you still need to merge in order to save as a gif or jpg file format.

Screen capture is easy. Hit the "print screen key" on your keyboard, then "control-v" keys simultaneously. This will save the screen shot for you.

Hope that helped Ted. The wife uses PSP and PhotoImpact for all her stuff.

Chuck thank your wife for me. the layers thing was driving me crazy.

you might want to pass on to her what i learned form unleashed's post.

if you go to file>>import >>screencapture
    there are 2 options here setup and start

under setup you can setup to capture a defined area. i like to use F11 as the hot key to start the capture and set multiple captures.

on selecting start with these setting PSP minimizes. when you have something you want to capture. hit F11. the mouse pointer turnes into crosshairs. place the cross where you want a corner of the pic to be and click. then move it to the crosshairs to where you want the hight and width to end. click again. its captured and cropped the way you want it. press F11 again to capture another. Resore PSP and all your captures are there to do what you want with.

I love this feature. Used it from versions 4 threw 6. just never thought to look under "import" to find it.

thanks again for all you help.