Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewall with KAZAA

Firewall with KAZAA

Hi,
    I have a question about a firewall with kazaa. On my work we use a firewall. What kind of program or utility do I have to get to prevent from logging in with KAZAA.

I also don't know what has to be changed in the options tab.

I do not know which ports are open or closed.

Please help me,
    Mike

It's a gas!
    I dont fully understand the question, but if you're trying to connect to Kazaa from your workstation at work, which is behind a firewall and you're not the net admin then youve no chance!

Correct me if im wrong!

r3b00+

explanation

I am the boss of my school, some kids keeps trying to get to kazaa. It seems to work everytime. What does they know what i don't know what kind of options did they change then, the port/IP options? I thought that it wasn't possibl, but does anybody know what to do?

Mike

opps!

you have not said anything about the os,firewall that you use so i can not tell you what to do or what is done..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.-- Albert Einstein

Re: Firewall with KAZAA

Originally posted here by yellowwebber
    I have a question about a firewall with kazaa. On my work we use a firewall.
    So the firewall is already set up.
    What kind of program or utility do I have to get to prevent from logging in with KAZAA.
    So you want to PREVENT people from logging in with Kazaa?
    I also don't know what has to be changed in the options tab.
    I do not know which ports are open or closed.
    So are you asking to get PAST the firewall, or are you asking to help make the firewall BETTER?

I'm assuming you want to get past it, just on the basis of the tone of your post. I would research the possibility of using SOCKS and a proxy. But I'm not really in the mood to do a whole tutorial on common networking terms in order to help. The best answer? Don't do it from work, do it from home.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I have a question about a firewall with kazaa. On my work we use a firewall. What kind of program or utility do I have to get to prevent from logging in with KAZAA.
    I am the boss of my school, some kids keeps trying to get to kazaa. It seems to work everytime. What does they know what i don't know what kind of options did they change then, the port/IP options?
    Interesting. Let's get this straight. Do you want to prevent the kids from logging in to Kazaa with your firewall OR do you want to know how to login to Kazaa from your firewalled network?

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

I want to prevent the kids from logging in on KAZAA, but we give , how do I put it, different shows/musicals with the kids and the music that I want to use is easy to find with KAZAA, so I would like to log in myself, but only I have permission.

That why my question for the settings for KAZAA, there has to be a way to log in on KAZAA with a firewall connected?

Thanks,
    Mike

!!!!!!!!!!!

if ya the admin you know what to do ,i got this feelin that you are one of those kids who
    wants to pass the school firewall and...........................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, do you know who you are talking to, I think i'm triple the age of you dear friend.

I hope you didn't mean that. Why can't someone ask a question and someone thinks he has the hole world.

Originally posted here by yellowwebber
    I'm sorry, do you know who you are talking to, I think i'm triple the age of you dear friend.
    There have been a rash of questions like this lately, which have involved circumventing firewalls to use programs such as Kazaa. People are allowed to be suspicious of queries like these. Attitude won't help get you an answer

-toad