U.S. vows to hit Iraqi Scuds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. vows to hit Iraqi Scuds

U.S. vows to hit Iraqi Scuds

http://www.msnbc.com/news/822743.asp?0cl=c3

Oct. 18 — The Bush administration has told Israel that it would deploy Special Operations forces in the western Iraqi desert at the start of any war against Iraq to destroy facilities that could be used to launch missiles at Israel, senior U.S. and Israeli officials said yesterday

now we are makin promises to attack..........

it's rather obvious that the US has every intention to attack, whether other countries promote it or not.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

id just like to point out that "would deploy ...at the start of any war against Iraq " is not a promise to attack
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I feel sure that there are many Israelis that will sleep better in their beds because of these assurances. I certainly wouldn't want a country like Iraq next door to me with their fingers on the launch control of some short range missile, containing lord alone knows what payload.

Iwould however agree with Ted that this is a long way from a promise to attack.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

I concur that a promise to take out scud sites in the event of war does not mean the US has made up its mind to attack. Really, it would be quite foolish of the US to not do everything in its power to protect Israel should Sadaam decide to lob another 40 or so scuds at Israel if there is another go around. Should Israel decide to attack Iraq, things would get very very messy in the Middle East very fast. And if I was an Israeli, a promise to take out scud sites would not make me sleep any better at night, during Desert Shield/Storm there were survelliance planes everywhere and hundreds of attack craft in the air at any given time and a good number of scuds made it through, even a few made it past the patriot missiles significantly intact. and there is no garuntee that as a parting shot, Sadaam might tip those weapons with chemical or biological agents...Not so sure that the US could do much better of a job hunting down such a mobile target...

At least for me, this scenario (should the US go to war) is one of the bigger things that I would be holding my breath over...would Israel, under Ariel Sharon, have the composure and the self-control, to not ignite a larger war by retaliation against Sadaam, and would their attacks in and of themselves, put our men and women in the armed forces in grave danger; for example, by directly bombing an area where US troops are located or bombing a facility that would create chemical/biological fallout that could blow into US positions...

Scary stuff indeed...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Yeah, this isn't an attack promise. But to add to that, not only does the U.S disreguard other countries opinion on the matter, but some officials in the WhiteHouse are also against it. I mean, you have Allies, U.N, and even some of your own cabinet saying not to have a war with Iraq. But hey, watcha going to do. From this point, now that he signed the bill for able force to go in, a war with them is inevitable.
    Space For Rent.. =]

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Nebulus, you may very well be right. The US has not made up their mind yet about an attack on Iraq. There are alot of skeptics. Unfortunatly its not up to the US, its all George's desision.
    And he has made up his mind. I don't know if you know this or not, be we already have OVER 20,000 troops surrounding Iraq. With the number of troops over there increasing daily, its obviouse that he IS GOING to attack.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Dr. Toker: Umm, no? See, we have troops in many parts of the world for various reasons, some we don't know. I mean, we have troops in probably half the world. It doesn't mean much that troop's are there, although your most likely right.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Everyone agrees the world will be a better place without saddam. I don't think the question is if but when we are going to attack. Do we go in now or wait 10 years when he has nuclear weapons? With all the Reserve and National Guard activation's, it certainly looks like we are going to go in.

However is Iran really our friend? Aren't they the ones supporting the warlord Kahn who has tried to assassinate the new leader of Afghanistan 8 times.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Dude, Iran was on the Axis of Evil speach. So no, I dont think they are our freinds.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2