Web Browser that supports frames

Thread: Web Browser that supports frames

Web Browser that supports frames

Greetings web developers. Im a new kid learning about a lot of things. I searched the forums and i could not find the names of any web browsers that were really cool and support frames. Could someone please give me a few names and urls so that i can go and try a new browser with frames.

i use mozilla. tabbed browsing, you'll never go back. open source, so there may still be bugs in the betas. there are builds that work if you want a version that is sure to work. only problem in that you have to download all the plug-ins (flash, shockwave, etc) seperately. but thats no biggie.
    www.mozilla.org
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

does mozilla work in win2kpro???

GreekGoddess
    This link might be helpful to you as well, as it outlines all major compatibilities for all popular browsers:

http://www.webreview.com/browsers/browsers.shtml

i used mozilla a bit, i found it to be quite a letdown. it isnt bad, it has some good features, but the GUI sucks!! and i dont like goin gettin plug ins, it annoys me. im a fan of good'ol IE6.0...i know is M$, but sometimes we all have to make exceptions. Im a newbie to AO, not to the whole irc geek thing. I do have a qutestion allong the lines of the .net now that i think of it, are there any good web image developers out there? i need an image for my soon-to-be-released site, www.nettapped.com...all i need is the logo and she is off'n runnin.
    The quality of a persons life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field to endevour. Live long a prosper computer smeggers!!

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    when i set up frames iv used netscape and IE and both supported frames just fine, either should work for you, you also might wanna check http://www.downloads.com and look threw there, they let you download browsers nd usually theres a review and also try searcing for "browsers that support frames" in a search engine, the quotation marks will narrow it down a lil for you, happy searching.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

just about every browser out there supports frames, even lynx (a text-only browser)

see this browser compatibility chart:

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...browser_chart/

mozilla works on linux and windows, just be sure to download the right one.