Thread: Irresponsible ad banner...

Irresponsible ad banner...

JP, I know you probably don't personnaly control all the ads that get bannered on the site, but I think (IMHO) you might want to "filter" some of them:

I just saw this one for the first time on AO (see attachment)...

As some might remember, we had a good laugh about that particular ad a while ago right here on AO: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=235500

While it's still hillarious, I think it might in fact confuse security rookies that browse the site and I feel it goes against what AO stands for...

Just my 0.02$ CDN (like 0.005$ US I guess )

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

I have to agree on this one, see thismore then one time and site and to me it is deceptive as an ad. Fact is the banner plays upon fear and well ADs don't know your IP addy. FTC outta look into these peoples ads. You have a good product then it will sell and Ammo I'll take your .02 CDN like any US merchant is gonna regect it at face value
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

An add that plays on peoples fears and looks like an error message has no place on AO. Hopefully JP can work out something to get rid of these crap ads.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

i dont get that...where does it come from? what url does it originate from, i should say.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Well I've not looked at the source code but generally ads are served up using javascript and from there one can call another script from yet another site. I am just amazed at seeing this crap really somehow just because it is out here new laws are required? This is not new anything out here just cons (most in board rooms now) saying but there is not a law this is the what? MS dot NET, Web, Net.....new rules apply out here what a waste of everyones taxes! A con is a CON just because there is a dot COM does not make it ligit
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

What I wanna know is what the hell happened to the banner free surfing it says I have on the main page? LOL

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Palemoon i REMed out ads.antionline in hosts so i can get rid of that 500 * 400 blank graphic that was annoying the p*** out of me and that ad still dosn't show up. makes me think its originating off site, from someplace i still have blocked. third party graphics really offend me. thats the fastest way to loose all privacy.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”