Thread: question for download SuSE linux 8.0

Unhappy question for download SuSE linux 8.0

I want to download SuSE 8.0 from a ftp website, but I don't know what files do I need! is i386 folder enough? there are also folders: axp, ia64, noarch, ppc, ppc64, s390, sparc, cparc64, x86-64 and SuSEFax_Win32. files: find, ls-lR, pubring.gpg-build.suse.de and README.mirror-policy.

what do I need! I am runing SuSE 7.2 on my computer! I want update it to 8.0. what files and folder do I need?

if I want to install a complete new SuSE 8.0. what files and folder do I need? thanks

the ftp website:

ftp://ftp.crc.ca/pub/systems/linux/suse/suse/

You have also got the i386 version which I believe you have to install straight off of the FTP site or over a network connection, in other words you cannot make an installable CD from it. This will work on an x86 processor (such as a normal Intel or AMD type). Here is the link if you want the instructions for installing this one ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/README.FTP
    You will only need the i386 folder if you have an Intel or AMD processor, if you have got a different processor you will have to start looking at the others.

You also have got the 'Live Evaluation Version' , which runs off of the CD's and will not install on the hard drive.

Then you have the PPC version which is for a different processor that I am not even going to pretend to know about

If you want to be able to install from CD you will have to buy the disks from the site as far as I know

hope this is of some help