Username

Thread: Username

Exclamation Username

Before I post my question, I want to say ONE thing: this site's motto is "Hackers know the weaknesses in your system. Shouldn't you?" So, dont neg me for this post. Anywayz....

Here's the scenario:

Someone has my username to my XP box, but no password since I have not configured one. I have no remote services running, such as telnet, pop3, etc. How would penetration be possible? Remember, I have no "remote login" services, and a firewall. Dont tell me how to protect myself, just how would a hacker hack me? (no trojans involved)

Thanks, and no, this isnt for nefarious reasons.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Ever heard of ie'en? http://www.securityfriday.com/ToolDo.../ieen_doc.html
    I believe XP is still vulnerable, but I may be mistaken.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

ok so i scan you and what do i find?

thats not really a scenario. its like saying i have a mansion with no lock on the door but its surrounded by a moat... no grapling hooks involved

if total defence could be answered this simply there would be no security problems everythign would be cut and dry.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Before I post my question, I want to say ONE thing: this site's motto is "Hackers know the weaknesses in your system. Shouldn't you?" So, dont neg me for this post. Anywayz....
    isnt that meant to be rhetorical question and not a motto ?

anywy as for your question you havent stated whether you are on a network or do you mean across the internet and do you just have autologon enabled with no password or have you configured your machine to have a blank password ?
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

Do you use network neighborhood? Do you share drives? Think not? Double check...it is very hard to disable in windows...and I would suspect therein lies your problem...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)