PhatLinux

Thread: PhatLinux

PhatLinux

just a query.... I'm getting to grips with Mandrake... and so far this is not giving me 'many' problems .... I was interested in broadening my experience of other distros and I noticed some folks on AO mentioning Phatlinux (http://www.phatlinux.com) and decided it was interesting enough to take a closer look.

about 4 weeks ago I ordered a copy of the distro... and it has still yet to arrive on the doorstep (despite supposedly taking just 3 days to be delivered - see the website). I have already emailed Phatlinux support and orders 3 times (obviously not in one go) but haven't got so much as a whisper back yet.

so (finally) the question... anyone else (esp in the UK) had any problems getting this distro delivered to them? Just wondering if I should hang in there or just write this off to experience (and before anyone asks yes they have taken the cash).

Any opinions welcomed :-)

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

in the uk its usually 12-28 days royal mail, but it depends on shipping and who you chose to deliver your distro, you should get a delivery no. which you can check with the couriers.

Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

hmmm... cheers preep.... it's been almost 28 days.... I ordered it direct from the Phatlinux web site delivery by the default shipping method for UK delivery (assume it is RM)... it could be RM being sh*te as per usual so I will give the folks at Phatlinux the benefit of the doubt. don't recall being sent a delivery number though... just confirmation of the order.... I'll check the email again.

thanks anyway!

Banned
    Well that depends were you high or sober? I know how UK guys are you probably gave them the wrong address. ahahahahahaaha UK yea right.

Angry

and that reply was how helpful....? like not at all.... some of us can actually hold our alcohol... although from the usefullness of your post I'd suggest that some of us are actually old enough to drink alcohol.

Banned
    and that reply was how helpful....? like not at all.... some of us can actually hold our alcohol... although from the usefullness of your post I'd suggest that some of us are actually old enough to drink alcohol.
    Listen here MR.UK I can hold my alchol. Dude dont act like your some one. I am not here to help others out I could give a **** about you or anyone else for that matter. I only care about myself and my family everyone else One two a big **** you, and if you ever disrespect me ev again like that: I wish you would try me

Referer: http://localhost/GREGSMITH
    Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    Connection: keep-Alive
    Cookie: VARIABLE=GREGSMITH; path=/
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2 i686)
    Variable: result
    Host://///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Content-length: 15

Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png
    Accept-Encoding: gzip
    Accept-Language: en
    Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

EndRequest
    Response:
    Server didn't answer in time limit
    End response
    Changing Variable 14:143
    Request:
    POST /_vti_bin/shtml.dll?testvariable=&nexttestvariable=gif HTTP/1.1
    Refer: http://localhost/GREGSMITH
    Content-Type: application/x-www/form-urlencoded
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Cookie: VARIABLE=GREGSmith; path=/
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en](x11; U, Linux 2.4.2-2 i686)
    Variable: result
    Host: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Content-length: 15
    Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png
    Accept-Encoding: gzip
    Accept-Language: en
    Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

EndRequest
    Response:
    Server didn't answer in timelimit
    End response
    Changing Variable 14:144
    system alarm called

[GREGSMITH@www sec]$ ./closed_source_web_server_GREGSMITH 192.168.X.XXX 80- POST /_vti_bin/ shtml .dll 00

I wish you would try me MR.UK

heh what like you can hold your temper you mean.... got anything useful to say then say it.... but I see no evidence of that from you or judging from your previous posts any evidence that you are currently providing any help to the community. And if swearing along with a half assed attempt at a threat is the best you can do then I really feel sorry for you.

and you are a fine one to talk about dissing someone... what about lack of respect you showed me in the first place?

Proove me wrong and show that you can actually hold a decent intellectual argument rather than sink to the level of a kiddie

David skism whats your deal why all the hostility because hes from the U.K and that second post proves what ?
    and what happens if he does try you

oh and BTW im U.K to can i try you ?? what you gonna do ?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Prodikal..... ROFL ...... thanks for the support. Sooner someone and bans this guy the better... his replies to other threads have been similar. I would be happier if Mr Skism would just grow up and be a productive member of the community... but like he says.... he is not here to help others out