how do i get bring back windows?

Thread: how do i get bring back windows?

how do i get bring back windows?

hi all,
    I'm getting a new computer next week and i'll be using freebsd as a server. I would like to know how
    I can get rid of linux so I can install windows back on this computer that i'm on right now. thanks

Wrong forum. This forum is for site-related questions.

[EDIT] Ahem..... It's been pointed out to me, very correctly, that this isn't one of my better posts. I allowed my frustration with seeing so many newbies posting incorrectly in this forum to get the better of me, but I didn't think it deserved negs, so I posted. This is a legitimate question, simply misplaced, and I should have crafted my answer better. I stand corrected, and hopefully the advice you've received below will help with your question. Please accept my apology for being short tempered today.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

could you direct me to the appropriate forum so I can delete this thread and post to the right forum with the same problem. thanks

wrong forum and you didnt give enough information anyway !

i mean you could just delpart or pqmagic your whole drive and go from there or you may just want to format one of your partitions and make it available for windows or what ? what is it exactly you have and want as the desired result !
    as with everything technical you need to be specific ?

Without specifics things become horrific !
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

i have linux on this computer right now but i wanna turn everything to windows. thanks

Format and start over. Or as suggested partition and use both linux and windows.

Run fdisk and tell it to delete all your existing partitions.
    Boot from the windows install cd, and the first thing you
    do is create the partitions you want for windows, and it will
    walk you through the installation like it was a brand new hard
    drive with nothing on it.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

oh ok! i got it. Thanks for the great responses.

er0k
    fdisk and format, fdisk and format, fdisk and format.

What you can do is just insert the installation cd for linux and use its partition manager, (expert mode) and just delete your linux partition. Then restart the computer b4 you install linux again, because you would be doing this IN linux's install program. Just restart after you erased that partition and the swap partition, and then insert your windows cd and install it.