Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not cool at all

Angry Not cool at all

This past weekend, i went to a thriller forest called trip to hell. It's supposed to put you in real life situations because God and jesus want you to do the right thing. Some of the scenes were internet meeting turned into date rape, drunk driving accident, sexual molestation. Some weren't too bad. At one point, our group was in a building w/ a "fortune teller"(thats who she played)and a plainclothes man came in. He said there was an emergency and we had to stay in the building. Some group leaders came in and took off their masks to make it seem more like a real emergency. Shortly after that, all the lights went out and a man came in and it sounded like he was firing shots. It was all dfake, to show how easily it could happen. But there were young children in the group. they were all in hysterics. As soon as the "shots" were fired, people were screaming and hitting the floor. Because of the recent sniper events, that scene should never have taken place. there was another scene, of a girl getting an abortion. That is wrong any way and should not have been available to young children to see. I am appalled by this. What do you think?

I think that it was not at all a secure situation and that anyone could of breached thier server. What does this have to do with security?
    d0m1n10n: 1.Control or the exercise of control; sovereignty: “The devil... has their souls in his possession, and under his dominion” (Jonathan Edwards).
    2. A territory or sphere of influence or control; a realm.
    often Dominion Abbr. Dom.

AO's general chit chat is dedicated to talking about whatever is on your mind, both security and non security issues. You do not have to reply to a post if you don't like what is said in that post.

As for the thriller forest, did they have a disclaimer as to the content of their scenes? If so then you were properly informed and entered at your own risk. If you were not given a disclaimer then there could be some liability issues. But anything that is called a trip to hell can't be expected to be a walk in a serene park.

IMO

I have never heard of a "Thriller Forest" so I am unclear on what that is. Just to clarify is this a commercial enterprise? Is it a Church affiliated thing (you mentioned it was because God wants us to make the right decision)? I am unclear on what was going on or what the intent was.

However, most of the situations you mentioned, while real life, are uncommon real life. Did they simulate someone offering kids drugs. Simulate peer pressure to drink, have sex, etc. Did they force your kid to sit in a cubicle for eight hours without seeing the sunlight Did you have to choose between honestly returning the $1 extra the cashier gave you or walking off with it. Choosing what to do with a juicy piece of gossip you overheard. The real life situations we face and make the difference between whether we act honestly or not. Whether we choose what is good or give into pressure. Hopefully none of us ever faces snipers but some drummed up scare tactic would not help me deal with it then any more than I am ready to now. A good self defence class might though.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Banned
    I can understand young kids being scared by the sniper incidents and what the media
    in the US has made out of it, but explain why abortion is "wrong anyway"?

What in the hell is thread about? At first, I thought I knew. 1pizzaluvr4u was talking about a "Thriller Forest". Granted, I have no idea what a "Thriller Forest" is, but I'm assuming it's some sort of haunted house thing. Then d0m1n10n starts talking about server security. Where did that come from? zaggy responded to that post, though, and I was feeling okay with the thread again until I ran across carbonlifeform's post about abortion. I'm lost again. Did someone mention abortion? I seem to be experiencing some sort of "temporal posting rift". If someone would mind filling in my time gaps, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

"there was another scene, of a girl getting an abortion. That is wrong any way and should not have been available to young children to see. I am appalled by this. What do you think?"

From the thread starting post
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

i think we should call this the rant thread thats all that seems to be going on here

in other words a pointless waste of space

the same as me posting but some one has to say it
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Ah... Must have missed that after the whole sniper thing. Thanks preacherman.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

some people are just wussies. so you got a little scared at a fright-night event... SO WHAT, YOU"RE SUPPOSED TO GET SCARED!! If I went to a fright night and walked around all night NOT scared, I'd ask for my money back... When did people become such pansies? Just because it's run by christians doesn't mean it should be all hardboiled-egg eyballs and cold spagetti intestines, I want some freakin adrenaline, SCARE ME! I don't care if they are kids, all the more reason to toughen them up a bit, for cryin out loud. It's always the kids who are understimulated that are ostricized in school. oh, and now we can't use gunshots to scare people because some whacko has killed a handfull of people halfway across the country? calm down, it's Halloween, it aint a twelve step program, don't get all bent outa shape.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)