Thread: Report bad AIMers

Report bad AIMers

Ok, so this is my first tutorial. Bear with me now, and feel free to supply input...

Its just for those who are annoyed with certain "friends" online that use AIM. Lets say these guys pester you any time you sign online with AIM, with one of those punt/lagger/fader tools such as Methodus or any other crap. You continually block them, but they always have another screen name to annoy you with. What is the next step to take to countermeasure these punks?

Just a forwarning: this is VERY basic, and is usefull to the inexperienced

1) Verbally warn the user to quit it out

2) If the harrassment continue, block them

3) If they STILL manage to harass you, you will need to report them to their Internet Service Provider. How?

4) Direct connect with them to get their IP address. Hence, you both will need AIM. Once you have, open the windows command prompt, and type "netstat -an," without the quotations.

Now, do not get intimidated by the myriads of numbers. Look under "Local Address." Scroll down until you see your IP with a ":4443" attached on the right of it. So, it should look like this(under Local Address): Your.Ip.He.re:4443. Look right on that same row, and you will see the AIMers IP. Jot it down on a piece of paper, and close the prompt.

5) Congrats, now you have their IP!

Hint: If the AIMer (also known as the annoying person you want to report) is to smart to direct connect, do the following:

Download the program called "Attacker" at http://www.webattack.com/get/attacker.shtml

Run it, make sure its listening on port 80, and give a link to the AIMer with YOUR IP. So the crafted link should be "http://your.Ip.Here." When he clicks it, the Attacker program will ring. This is because the link was directed to you, on port 80. Hence, the program discerns it as an "attack." Nevertheless, you should see the Ip of the person.

6) Finally, you have the IP! Now the next step is reporting them. To determine the ISP, you must run a "WhoIS." Click here to do it: http://www.arin.net/tools/whois_help.html
    Once you reach the web page, enter the IP of the AIMer and hit enter.

7) The first thing you should see on the results is the ISP, next to "OrgName." For me, for instance, I have a cable connection with AT&T BroadBand. So I see this : "AT&T Broadband West." Ok, we know the persons IP, what next? Well, scroll down until you see an email address, such as abuse@ISP.com.

8) By this point, you have an IP of the annoying AIMer, the ISP of him or her, and the e-mail address for the ISP responsible for "abuse" claims filed against that person. The next step?

Compose an e-mail--with an approriate subject such as "Harrassment Problem"---with the AOL screen name of the dude, the IP, the time it occured, and the copied conversation. Make sure the e-mail is proper and not laden with grammatical errors and corrosive language. Send it.

9) Hopefully, the ISP will respond to the matter disciplinarily. If they do, and you had a legit reason for reportin the AIMer, kudos to you. If the matter is not responded to, time to bring out the DoS tools......no j/k

Thanks for reading my tut. (Sorry if this material was irrelevant or inaccurate)
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Report bad AIMers

Ok, so this is my first tutorial. Bear with me now, and feel free to supply input...

Its just for those who are annoyed with certain "friends" online that use AIM. Lets say these guys pester you any time you sign online with AIM, with one of those punt/lagger/fader tools such as Methodus or any other crap. You continually block them, but they always have another screen name to annoy you with. What is the next step to take to countermeasure these punks?

Just a forwarning: this is VERY basic, and is usefull to the inexperienced

1) Verbally warn the user to quit it out

2) If the harrassment continue, block them

3) If they STILL manage to harass you, you will need to report them to their Internet Service Provider. How?

4) Direct connect with them to get their IP address. Hence, you both will need AIM. Once you have, open the windows command prompt, and type "netstat -an," without the quotations.

Now, do not get intimidated by the myriads of numbers. Look under "Local Address." Scroll down until you see your IP with a ":4443" attached on the right of it. So, it should look like this(under Local Address): Your.Ip.He.re:4443. Look right on that same row, and you will see the AIMers IP. Jot it down on a piece of paper, and close the prompt.

5) Congrats, now you have their IP!

Hint: If the AIMer (also known as the annoying person you want to report) is to smart to direct connect, do the following:

Download the program called "Attacker" at http://www.webattack.com/get/attacker.shtml

Run it, make sure its listening on port 80, and give a link to the AIMer with YOUR IP. So the crafted link should be "http://your.Ip.Here." When he clicks it, the Attacker program will ring. This is because the link was directed to you, on port 80. Hence, the program discerns it as an "attack." Nevertheless, you should see the Ip of the person.

6) Finally, you have the IP! Now the next step is reporting them. To determine the ISP, you must run a "WhoIS." Click here to do it: http://www.arin.net/tools/whois_help.html
    Once you reach the web page, enter the IP of the AIMer and hit enter.

7) The first thing you should see on the results is the ISP, next to "OrgName." For me, for instance, I have a cable connection with AT&T BroadBand. So I see this : "AT&T Broadband West." Ok, we know the persons IP, what next? Well, scroll down until you see an email address, such as abuse@ISP.com.

8) By this point, you have an IP of the annoying AIMer, the ISP of him or her, and the e-mail address for the ISP responsible for "abuse" claims filed against that person. The next step?

Compose an e-mail--with an approriate subject such as "Harrassment Problem"---with the AOL screen name of the dude, the IP, the time it occured, and the copied conversation. Make sure the e-mail is proper and not laden with grammatical errors and corrosive language. Send it.

9) Hopefully, the ISP will respond to the matter disciplinarily. If they do, and you had a legit reason for reportin the AIMer, kudos to you. If the matter is not responded to, time to bring out the DoS tools......no j/k

Thanks for reading my tut. (Sorry if this material was irrelevant or inaccurate)
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!