Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bess Crisis

Exclamation Bess Crisis

Um.....I dunno where this should go exactly. Someone at my school figured out how to rewrite the Internet Security Prog. Bess. Our admin. found out and expelled him. If I was to figure out how to do it as well, would I be able to change the override passwords and banned sites?

And suffer the same fate - expelled.

Cheers:
    DjM

Ive never heard of bess but I suspect if you had the ability to rewrite it you wouldnt be asking that question

Doesn't sound like a good plan to me!
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Surely there are much more fun ways to get expelled

Clearly if the other student was expelled for doing it, it isn't the best thing to learn to do. What makes you think you would be able to elude being caught?

Also if you read The Ultimate Newbie FAQ you would find that it is not recommended to ask how to hack anything on this site.

It's a gas!
    Why dont you ask this guy if you would be able to change the override passwords and banned sites, if hes already
    figured out how to rewrite the Internet Security Prog. Bess
    These sites must be banned for a reason, no?

Maybe he'll give you a better answer than asking people on a SECURITY FORUM!?!

Just a thought

r3b00+

You wondered what the best forum would be for this post? Probably under Cosmos, because it deals with ethics, morals, and laws, although you might want to phrase it a bit differently. Something more like:

"If I feel that the security program 'Bess' at my school is greatly hindering my classmates ability to learn, because the disallow word list is too strict, would I be serving a moral good by modifying the disallow list, even if I had to do it without my Admin knowing?"
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

thanx roswell....to zaggy and r3b..... the guy is unavailable and I wasn't asking on how to hack it. they changed something on bess and now the old way of overriding doesn't work. i think the admin. got an updated version....but anyway....getting thru is the problem.....and i was wondering if i'd still be able to do what he did if i figured out the encryption coding
    I love pizza...........Do you?

save your self the trouble and just drop out!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”