Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: library

library

okay this is curios question, if i wanted admin access the a comp at a library from a guest login would it be possible?

hell yes !!

Developer Extraordinar
    One question for you. Why? You won't to "hack" a library? This isn't just an "I'm curious" question you asked
    <CHaZ> hey guys, how would i go about cracking into the libraries network from the libraries computer?
    <-- CHaZ has quit ([services.antionline.com] Local kill by hogfly (hogfly))
    <aeallison> go hogfly
    --> CHaZ (ANTI@2A538517.3FC38FDB.4CF251CA.IP) has joined #GeneralChitChat
    <-- CHaZ has quit (Quit: CHaZ)
    I'm pretty sure hacking or cracking your library would be illigal...

Im not sure if Im mistaking, but are there really any limits to what you can do on/with a computer? Im just curious too..

hey microburn, if i wanted access to the library computers i would just do allittle social engineering, which i am VERY good at. i just wanted to know if it was possible with out any help for the librarians to get admin acess.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, chaz. The question is: why do it in the first place? What will you benefit from getting total access to a library's computer? You need to ask yourself these kind of questions before you do anything illegal.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

This is a security site, not a hacking one. Go to some kiddie site and ask how to hack a library.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hacking a library is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.First off,most librarys are funded by tax dollars,so any damage you do would ultimately be coming out of your pocket and the pockets of your family,friends,and any AO members from the US.Second,it's illegal.Third,there's no reason to hack a library.Why hack something that gives away vast amounts of info free of charge(maybe a small library card charge or late fee).Are you mad that you have a $5000 late fee on a book you checked out 15 years ago or something???
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Ninja Code Monkey
    You asked the same thing in irc....bad monkey no cookie for you!!! (meaning he came into irc and asked how to hack the library)
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

...allittle social engineering, which i am VERY good at.
    But I doubt it

i just wanted to know if it was possible with out any help for the librarians to get admin acess.
    Without any help from libererians?
    Why don't ask from libererians for some good books on networking, NT, Novel, programming .... by your good social enginnering skills? Then you'll find out how to access their comp, and after that you will find out that you shouldn't do that, and should help people to securing their comp.

Cheers
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein