Thread: Winzip Password Protection

Winzip Password Protection

Hi, to all

I know that it's possible to crack Winzip password protection, but it's only with brute force or based in a list of words...but if it's more than 5 chars or the password contains uncommon chars like % or § it's very time consuming, what i would like to know is if there's another way?
    Thanks
    [shadow]There are people who see things that are and ask why[/shadow]
    [shadow]I see things that never where and ask why not[/shadow]

[shadow]If U Know then U can[/shadow]

http://www.passwordsandsecurity.com/winzip.html
    This product features an automatic mode that selects the recovery approach as well as the usual brute force, dictionary, plaintext and template attacks. One unique feature is the ability to spread a brute force attack across a number of PC's (which may be reason enough for purchase by itself). There is a demo, I'm not sure what the restrictions are.

One of them is supposedly 100% effective, it is called "Zip super fast attack module" and it is $59... <cough>KAZAA<cough>
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

ya u could crack that password without brute force all u have to do to download some stuffs from websites like astalavista.com hope u will find it

Yeah, zip passwords are pretty much useless, just like all other passwords, there are specialized programs that will simply "TELL" you the password without even brute cracking it.

Build a better mouse trap and man will build a smarter mouse.
    Whats a \"START\" button?