Thread: AT&T shutting down????

AT&T shutting down????

I heard in 2600 mag that at&t might be shutting down their londg destance services, is this true or is it just gossip?

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I think you may be thinking of SupraTelecom, which has just filed for bankruptcy. I doubt AT&T is anywhere near stopping their long distance service.

Yeah, AT&T's money maker is in that very same service. I think they are LONG far from discontinuing it. So yeah, it's basically gossip.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    I use at&t's long distance plan on my cell phone, and according to my knowledge, it isnt cutting the cord on the service. If they are, that would suck, but they arent.

I believe that your info is just gossip. I work with a company that is partners with ATT. There have been no rumbles with us. Of course, we work with the broadband dept, not the long distance. But Im sure that we would be hearing rumbles here if they were shutting down.
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

I read somewhere that what AT&T was 'shutting' down was their cable services (they are supposedly selling out to AOL/Time Warner). I don't remember where exactly I found the article and I'm not sure if it was their cable TV or broadband services (either of which AOL/Time Warner could take over) but I would like to see it happen - although NOT to AOL. I do remember the article said it would be within the next year. As someone "stuck" with AT&T's cable services - I think they should have stayed with what they know best . . . telephone services. If I can find the article again I will post a link.
    . . . V.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.