Thread: Startup What?

Post Startup What?

I don't know about everyone else, but anytime I look at the startup folder and registry or msconfig for that matter, I always have a hard time determining what exactly what is going to be started and if I need* it.

I mean, who would know that hkcmd.exe is the program that is:
    Installed with Intel graphics chipset. Supports Hot Key Commands interface. Not required.

I end up searching and searching until I find what they all are.

I found this site that has most of the common startup programs all in one location. Finally!

Sometimes you can look at the location, but for the ones that are in %systemroot%\ or %systemroot%\ system32 are a little harder to match up.

There are still going to be a few that you will have to search for but this speeds up identification big time. It also helps you determine if it is legit or not.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Very cool link! Thanks for posting, that is a huge help and a great site.

It's a gas!
    Yeah i always had bother identifying the various programs on startup!
    Cool link, even though i dont use windo$e any more!

r3b00+

Suspicious that it doesn't list gator of any of those Windoze adware programs, isn't it?

I think it's a conspiracy. I bet their tool doesn't remove them either.

No doubt the next version of Windows will have a specific "Adware" API that Adware can use which prevents removal and ensures ads pop up at every annoying moment.