Noises..fan problem on laptop??

Thread: Noises..fan problem on laptop??

Noises..fan problem on laptop??

Hi,..

My laptop fan have humming...noises..( it's little bit problem when I bring to library..).
    I've already search to google,,but still no luck.
    Any one expert on hardware problem for laptop...How can I reduced that noises from fan...?? or to make "silent" of that fan?
    I've got Toshiba satelitte 1800 series

Thanks..for the helps
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Has the noise always been that loud,or did it just start???I guess it really doesn't matter as far as making it quiet,because I'd say your only option would be to replace it with a ball bearing fan.They tend to be much more durable and quiet,because of reduced friction.If the noise just started out of nowhere it's likely your fan's done for and I'd recommend replacing it as soon as possible,and not running your laptop for long periods of time(if at all) until you do.Overheating will kill your comp quickly and it's a b!tch to fix,because you don't know what's fried and what's not.It can be a frusterating and expensive problem.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

When I turn on the laptop that noises..just little bit humming..(if you know what I mean..I don't know how to explain it..)..and then little bit quiter after that,,...but still got noises..look like not normal...<<not really sure

How can I get that "A Ball Bearing fan"..any website I can look at..?

I'll try to solve that problem..

Just do a google search for laptop fans.I got a ton of hits.Before spending your time and money,I'd recommend taking your comp. apart to make sure this is the problem.You might just have a noisy computer.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Flash M0nkey
    any kind of fan is still gonna produce some noise - there is quieter options like gas coolant systems or even liquid systems but I very much doubt they are available for laptops

you could try looking at the koolsink but i dunno how well this would work

v_Ln

Are you sure it's the fan that makes that noise? Fans make a whirring noise, the humming could possibly be due to a faulty power system. I had the same problem, and had to send it back to the manufacturer to be fixed
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Thanks for the quick replied guys..I didn't realised that..

Yupe mahakal..that's what thought maybe something wrong with that power, look like that fan try hard to cooling down...that power, but I touched that side where the power is ...not that really hot. Hopelly not power failure...
    I'm still checking out website..to figure out my problem.(my last choice will be ...contact toshiba dealer..)

Try to get a PAPST fan this are very reliable and quiet fans.

Greetzz.
    [shadow]OpenGL rules the game[/shadow]http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=499

Senior since the 3 dot era
    PAPST are indeed the best solution considering noise and cooling for destop pc's
    see my tutorial about cooling and noise. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234950
    but for laptops it's another story... the sizes are mostly constructor depend, therefor replacement is not easy. Your noise can be generated by
    1) a fan that needs replacement
    2) a power supply that needs replacement
    3) noises due to vibrations caused by mechanical parts (cd-rom/hdd/fans/...) this can occur after long time use.
    4) HDD noises -> possible HDD failure.
    if your laptop is still under garantee and the noise is very strong, I advice you to ship it for repair.