Thread: LindowsOS

Question LindowsOS

Hi,

any 1 know bout the LindowOS? i m thinking of installing this OS, any suggestion?

I think it's reasonably safe to say that a lot of people with Linux experience think it's overhyped and underwhelming. I certainly do. Since they've backed off their claim to run Windows apps, I'm not sure exactly what their appeal will be now, anyway.

There have been several threads on Lindows, so a quick search should turn those up for more detailed info.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Im not sure but im gona say No. Ive heard that it runs almost no software and its really bad. Your better of installing some sort of UNIX.

Hi,

any 1 know bout the LindowOS? i m thinking of installing this OS, any suggestion?

I wouldn't recommend Lindows beware after you install this distrubution you are running as root
    anything that you do in root without thought and care can damage the system or corrupt it

The Unix Gods are not smiling on whoever decided to break Unix Security Laws in the name
    of a buck.

I think you'd be better off going with Lycoris...or Redmond Linux. It's about $30 and is real linux, plus being very user friendly from the reports I've read.

http://www.lycoris.com

If you want to start into Linux OS's, you should not use Lindows (really too bad, it is well known only because its name) and should install another distro.
    If you want a Windows like interface, I recommend you Lycoris (like Chuck 56 said) at http://www.lycoris.com/

You could also do a little search on AO, there're tons of threads about such things.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--