Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sub 7 download need advise

sub 7 download need advise

Greeting all. B4 I write my post, Thank to all of u for time and advise.
    I found this site bout sub 7. here it is http://www.tlsecurity.net/backdoor/subseven21.htm so isn;t a good idea to download and play with it. I'm quite curios bout sub 7 and may be playing with it can give me more information bout it. But I'm afraid it may ruin my system and as far as I concern sub 7 is the sacriest trojan i ever had. am I right.

So any advice would be appreciate.

Dude heres how a trojan works you send server.exe (the trojan) to the vitcim they run it, that opens up a port for you to hack them with. So if you want your computer one click away from being hacked go ahead run the trojan . I have 2 computers so i test viruses/trojans on my other one and I hack it from this one just to check it out if you dont have to computers maybe look for a sub 7 cleaner infect yourself play around then clean it

I looked at the website you posted with it: http://www.tlsecurity.net/backdoor/subseven21.htm and it tells you how to remove it

First off, be sure you are looking at the correct version for information on removal. 2.1 and 2.2 are very different in their infection methods, and 2.2 is a lot harder to remove from your system if your not carefull. I dont think it's a good idea for anyone to play with these tools as no one can seem to agree weather the client is infected itself for Mobman or whoever to connect to you just for using sub7. As far as hacking goes, you'll find none of that with sub7, it's not a hacking tool, just a Remote Administrative Tool, with some added features for password recovery and so forth. If you want to start 'hacking' I suggest reading the tuts on this site, and learning at least one programming language. Playing with these programs is illegal everywhere and not hacking in the slightest. 'Hacking' is using technology in ways that were not thought to be possable before, not using little tools made by some one else to gain access to a computer.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

yea i also agree with cross... its not hacking at all

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    hmm...very interesting. I am glad you are curiouse about this tool. most shy away from learning about it. i would suggest getting another box to use it on. I wouldnt run either the server or the client on m machine if i were you because the client is rumored to have a logic bomb or some sort of backdoor built into it.

When I was first learning about how the internet worked, sub 7 was Very interesting to me, I learned the basics of TCP/IP, and that basically anything can be done with a small script.
    I would suggest learning about this program, if your new to security.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Thank q all for ur advise. I had downloaded sub 7 but after read readme.txt I found that to install sub7.exe I need a little bit modification with my system were I not really understand like
    You must put all of the subseven log files in your cgi-bin. If you don’t
    have a cgi bin, but you know your server supports cgi access, then you
    most likely can put the files in any folder. However to keep your site
    clean, and organized you should make a cgi-bin and put all of your cgi
    programs in it.
    CHMOD OF FILES
    And one more I need to know some script, or I think it better for me to learn some of language. Infact let say I want to hack someone comp I need to send server.exe, but I don't think ppl nowaday stupid enough to open the file. Well I'm curios bout sub 7 but I'll learn some language ist b4 I try this tools. Thank q anyway

CGI BIN folder is found in *NIX. If you are running Windows then get Sub7 for win32. I never knew they had sub 7 for *NIX. Not it's not hacking, but it's a good thing to have 2 systems so u can practice and understand. That way you learn to protect your system a little better, from script kiddies and such. Gotta start somewhere rite?
    [gloworange]I pLaY mY eNeMyS lIkE a ChEsS.[/gloworange]

CGI BIN folder is found in *NIX. If you are running Windows then get Sub7 for win32. I never knew they had sub 7 for *NIX. Not it's not hacking, but it's a good thing to have 2 systems so u can practice and understand. That way you learn to protect your system a little better, from script kiddies and such. Gotta start somewhere rite?
    [gloworange]I pLaY mY eNeMyS lIkE a ChEsS.[/gloworange]

totally agree with the rest.. a couple years ago i downloaded sub7 and the first thing i did was run the trojan on myself (DC from network of course) and leanred how to remove it. nice tool to learn basics about trojans and backdoors and whatnot..(at least i think so)