Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sub 7 download need advise

Uh, where do I start? I have always hated both sub7 and pokemon. I understand that sub7 is, if used legitimately, a handy remote administration tool. It is also, if used in a controlled and legal environment, a fun toy to use on friends. But, because of its attempts to have an ultra-stealth server, I can't imagine what would happen if Symantec or Mcafee stopped detecting this and other RATs as viruses. There are plenty of legitimate tools on the market, such as PCAnywhere, Remote Administrator, and many others. And I am NOT EVER going to disable my NAV to remotely administer a computer.
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?

Sub7 has been around a few years and in short was and will always be a backdoor program it entices newbies and you may have a way to go if you do not understand cgi or Nix. Want to play then look at the binary's of Sub7 or at least look for them. To truly understand things as it appears you wish to first task is that things are not always point and click. Another point to ponder is just because you just learned of something means a discovery. Security is a tough area and history out here plays a big role. Also many ISP now monitor for internal scans of their networks as well as external, and you have a rough road because even bouncing off another IP will not work for most firewalls now days. Look at explore the old tools and ways and fully expect if you use them now eyes are watching your moves, after all it is not 1996 WEB madness now
    Peace
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Sub7 has been around a few years and in short was and will always be a backdoor program it entices newbies and you may have a way to go if you do not understand cgi or Nix. Want to play then look at the binary's of Sub7 or at least look for them. To truly understand things as it appears you wish to first task is that things are not always point and click. Another point to ponder is just because you just learned of something means a discovery. Security is a tough area and history out here plays a big role. Also many ISP now monitor for internal scans of their networks as well as external, and you have a rough road because even bouncing off another IP will not work for most firewalls now days. Look at explore the old tools and ways and fully expect if you use them now eyes are watching your moves, after all it is not 1996 WEB madness now
    Peace
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg