Thread: Getting past WebSense

Getting past WebSense

My school has a thingy that's called WebSense and I want to get around that, using the school's network. Anyone tell me how to do that please. I wanna play games on them because my computer is really bad.

My only suggestion is to contact your school's system's administrator and ask them to remove the block off the site you are requesting.
    Viper

Umm, I don't think this is a good thing. Basically your saying you want to get around your school's block. It is obviously there for a reason, and if all you want to do is play games on it, just ask them and I'm sure that since it is only for games, they will say yes. Remember, this is a security website, with security information related discussions. Not hacking school's, libraries, or email address'es. Hope I helped for your future posts.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Now, about that, My school has the same block, and they don't like it, the network admin. says that ESU has put it on for our protection. and I don't believe that, because you can get to sites about making bongs, but not get to sites about legalizing marijuana for a school report. Now I agree about the games thing, but internet filtering is too inacurate to do good, but rather it impeeds the learning process

Actually, I know how. Go to the Windows Desktop, right click the internet explorer icon, and goto the connections tab. Go to the 'LAN Settings' button on the bottom part of the tab, and if any boxes are check, un-check them. Hope this works for you, and good luck

--Matt