Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnivore

This carnivore is not only active in internet software but it also "scans" telephone calls and SMS messages.....

BIG brother is watching you!
    [shadow]OpenGL rules the game[/shadow]http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=499

Some time back, a list of al the word's that Carnivore responds to was posted here...
    Me and my friend did a little exsperiment with hotmail, we posted the entire list in mail'sa nd subject adn tryd to send it.....It never got there.....not once...
    We aslo tryed by changing some of the word's and stuff....still no luck.....
    two day's later, both mine and my friend's account was shut down without notice... Oh well...
    So much for Privacy...
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Originally posted here by Mahakaal

Though this is what Carnivore does, but it has been in effect for quite some time now. Every international call that you make is monitored for keywords like Midget mentioned. Mention Allah, or bomb, or President (among countless others), and you can bet your ass someone will be looking at the transcript tomorrow.

you are confusing Carnivore (email and network based interception device) with Echelon (telecommunications/voice interception device).

I have read a couple of detailed studies on what Echelon can really do, and it does NOT review ALL international phone calls or even some of them looking for certian words within a conversation. The technology required to listen to trillions of words passed in these communications doesn't exist yet. What they CAN do though is listen for specific voice patterns in all of that communication, but mostly only on certian segments where they expect these communications to take place. I'll see if I can find the most recent EU study of Echelon and it's capabilities. France as a very similar program in place and was the reason the study of Echelon and it's capabilities was undertaken.

El Diablo

Come on guys, how bad can it get. If like Midget I want to spoof something like a terrorist plan. OK my brothers of Islam tom******* Edited Out By The NSA ******* then we will *******Edited out by the NSA ********** Ha Ha Ha Ha this will teach the Capitalist pigs that ********** Edited out by the NSA *********** is the ********* Edited Out By The NSA *********

I mean, don't you think you are just being paranoid?
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Privacy is and always has been a thing of the past. As long as people have exsisted curiosity has tempted people to eavesdrop, sneak, steal and spy. It's just now the spying and eavesdropping is done on a scale that no single person could possibly concieve. It doesn't matter if Carnivore is unconstitutional because the NSA will use it anyways, just in secret. Normal people like to believe that thier computer is secure and private but in reality there is no way to secure your system 100%. Just like people like to believe that the person they voted for isn't corrupt. Nothing can ever stop the government from thrusting thier noses into your business whether they do it legally with a warrant or illegally with Carnivore. And Carnivore is not just limited to Americans. I, a proud Canadian, has had emails blocked simply because the message was bounced off an American server. There is only one place where your information is safe: your head. If your need to transmit information and keep it safe work out a one-time-use cyrpto system with your reciever. They're easy to work out and they are 99% secure. Pick out Bingo balls and swap numbers for letters. Simple and effective. Crypto is the only defense against your own government. Ahhh but if you use any sort of strong crypto you are instantly pegged as a suspect. You can't escape. They are in your house, listening to your phone, reading your mail and basically raping any personal privacy that was left in this world. They've been doing it for centuries and will continue until the end of time.

--Hack of the Year--

Someone has found a way to prevent Carnivore from getting into your e-mails! It's simple and effective and can be done on any computer in 3 easy steps:

1. Grasp the phone (or cable) line carrying your internet connection firmly with both hands.
    2. Pull until the something breaks.
    3. Use paper and a pen for your communication you lazy bugger!

--------------------------
    -Martini

I have a friend who once decided to see if Echelon really existed by answering every phone call, instead of 'Hello', but with four keywords: "Bomb, presidentm assasinate, kill." It took two years, but finally CSIS (Canadian Security & Intelligence Service) finally came knocking at his door asking him to stop because it cost them too much money to constantly record and listen to his phone calls. So yes, certain keywords are picked up, but I think it is a random picking of phone calls, rather than every phone call made everywhere. But our telephone calls are monitred for words like this.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Gasp.....well, It's not like we havn't been watched before....btw....wot's the use of Carnivore when the info they get is Crypted?.....Pgp or maby even a private app...the NSA can't crack something they havn't seen before....
    Example.....If I use a multiple Cipher method...using simple thing's like XOR and such, the NSA will run it through their cracker....and they will get nothing.....why? because they don't know the order it was done in...or how it was done...let alone..WHAT was done...so their garbage filter's will simple scrap the first correct answer and then their on dry land...

Oh well...what do I know...I'm just a farmer compared to the NSA....

- Noia

Oh....Just a quick note...My Phone line is tapped....I know it coz The Attenuation of the phone is absolutly crap...and every time we call for the phone ppl to come check the line...every thing work's fine....rather anoying...but hey....I'm just wondering who's listening.....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Originally posted here by Striek
    I have a friend who once decided to see if Echelon really existed by answering every phone call, instead of 'Hello', but with four keywords: "Bomb, presidentm assasinate, kill." It took two years, but finally CSIS (Canadian Security & Intelligence Service) finally came knocking at his door asking him to stop because it cost them too much money to constantly record and listen to his phone calls. So yes, certain keywords are picked up, but I think it is a random picking of phone calls, rather than every phone call made everywhere. But our telephone calls are monitred for words like this.
    Oh that is just too funny. My sides hurt from laughing!

Take note MI5/6 i'll be showing on your radar screens. I think i'm going to HAVE to give this a go.

/me continues to chuckle

I once interviewed an FBI agent about carnivore. The people at the FBI are really eerie. Far too happy to talk about it. The goverment contradict themselves a lot about the issue when asking about different technology. They got up tight when i started asking about the conflicting stories...makes me wonder...

Banned
    Everyone grab some tin foil and make hats out of them before the sattilights hover over you and read your mind. J/K but remember 1984? It doesn't seem so sci-fi nowdays

I think its seriosly sad when our U.S. president pushes protestors into lines which are called "freedom of speach zones" and the protestors are told that if they protest outside of the lines the will be investigated for terrorism, children are being implanted with tracking devices, and sattilights hover over your every move.

Some peaple say that the if there were less privacy and more security then more peaple would be alive today. Well I say that if the "POLITICALLY CORRECT" would relax more then maybe peaple would have more respect for authority figures..... I mean seriosly, If you walk into a store and you are treated like a criminal then wouldn't it be possable if not normal that all these cameras, locks, identifactions, restrictions make you feel.... or possably even become a criminal? When you walk into a inner city area there are cameras, gaurds, metal detectors, weird roomates ...... the only differrence between everyday life and jail is that there are no cages.