Gender...?...?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gender...?...?

Gender...?...?

Hi guys,
    I was wondering how you felt about adding the feature of when looking at someone’s avatar, is it a women or a man. I know you can just click on the profile to see it but I think it would be convenient to see maybe just a small graphics indication whether the user is either a guy or a girl without having to browse through to their profile.

It is just my opinion so tell me what you think. I tried to upload my suggestions but to no avail.It was only the male sign(circle with arrow pointing up.)and for female (also the circle with the cross hanging down.)

Regards
    V/man
    Practise what you preach.

I agree. IF you talk to someone over a period of time, just because you end up having things in common or whatnot, and you have no idea if they are male or female, that would make it much easier. I think that the little symbol would be a help and make some people a lot happier.
    I love pizza...........Do you?

What symbol would you use for say... an antigender? Or for a dual gender? i think you may be leaving out some peoples choices of alternate preference.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

How about having the right to privacy ?
    I mean i don't care if someone knows that i"m a dude but this is not the glamour forum to meet the partner of your life ...
    Actually i like it better like this since then you can be appreciated for what you know or don't know... Specially since in general people are pretty biased in the IT businnes
    assembly.... digital dna ?

i thought the greatest feature of the internet was equality for everyone. RT things like sex race ect. don't exist unless you want them to.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I have to fall into Tedob1's camp here. I don't care that you guys know I am all man here but how is it going to help a discussion to know whether it is a man or woman you are talking to? Besides which it is usually pretty easy to figure out fairly quickly. Most people that post much drop hints or clues so commonly that there are few people who frequent here that I don't know the gender. Those I haven't figured out I don't really care to worry about because it is immaterial.

Just like we assess other posts for their underlying purpose I must wonder about this one. If I were a woman I would probably not want it to be widely known because in other forums I have seen the ladies face, not harassment necessarily but, unwanted and unsolicited attention and enquiries.

I understand you could make this an option but it sure seems like a minor, and IMO, unnecessary addition to a site where knowledge, communication, and the ability to help should be the determining factor of a person's value not the other superficial qualities.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

The only time it should matter if I am male or female is when considering a partner or in some types of clothing.

I personally don't care because you can go to my profile and find out my gender, but I don't think that many people are bothering to do that. When I respond to posts I don't check out whether the writer is male or female. I respond to the post. I don't see that it matters much.

The only time it should matter if I am male or female is when considering a partner or in some types of clothing.

I personally don't care because you can go to my profile and find out my gender, but I don't think that many people are bothering to do that. When I respond to posts I don't check out whether the writer is male or female. I respond to the post. I don't see that it matters much.

Flash M0nkey
    Hi I'm v_Ln
    I'm a tall athletic man looking for a Blonde with a GSOH for friendship and maybe more
    just gettin ready for when AO becomes a dating site >_<;

v_Ln

Don't care valhallen, it will probably happen very soon according to some threads floating around for 2 or 3 months like this one: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=235324

Maybe we will meet women of our lives in our favorite site.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Flash M0nkey
    well unlike some kisscool i ain't got to the point where i gotta search online for a partner as am already happily engaged